Hello, I'm a guy from Kansas City! I sort of fell into cosplay because my son was doing it and I wanted to impress him! That didn't work but I'm still having fun! My most complete look to date is a mashup I created that combines elements of WOW and Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer. I had a great time showing this look at Planet Comicon in KC this year and Ill probably take it to a few other cons. My current project is rather ambitious for a novice but I'm plowing ahead with Heimdall, the gatekeeper. Anyway here are a few photos of both projects. I need some help with finishing techniques. I work mostly with foam, but the Heimdall helm involves resin. New deal for me. 2015-03-17 12.30.10.jpg2015-03-19 13.03.19.jpg2015-05-24 19.47.04.jpg2015-05-24 19.47.42.jpg

Hello RPF!
I have been a huge fan for almost a year. My name is Chris and I'm from Panama City Beach, FL. I came across this site while putting together a Captain America shield to impress my 4 year old daughter for Halloween and I've been addicted ever since. I am totally ashamed it has taken me so long to subscribe, better late than never, right? All the work I have seen on here has been so inspirational and I can't help but want to start another project. I look forward to offering any help I can and asking advice from those who have gone before.
Your prop brother,
Chris

Hi all. Im james and im from australia. I found this place today while i was googling jurassic park props/replicas and im glad i stumbled across this place. I dont have much that you could call memorabilia apart from a few 89 batmobile models but i love movies and want to start a collection. I cant say ive ever built anything either but i have been looking for a hobby that i can get deep into and I think that i will be able to get some ideas and hopefully some know how from the amazingly talented members ive seen on here. Anyway thats my intro, I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to contribute. Cheers

Hello all my name is Ben

I've always enjoyed working with my hands and was obsessed as a child with Star Wars and all things space related.

I live in a small town called Grimsby on the North East Coast of England, the sun lasts a couple of weeks at best. There isn't much to do here and not many people into this kind of thing so I thought it about time I joined up and got chatting to the people in the know.

I used to build all sorts from card boxes and pieces of junk, more often than not with some glue or tape and they never lasted long. I recently completed my degree in graphic design and have been looking for a new project to keep me busy. It's then I thought why not put what I have learnt to good use, I had a look around and realised I don't really know that much!

Anyway I'm here mainly for Star Wars related builds and I plan on starting out with a ot tk bucket and probably Fett as well.

Cheers very much guys and gals.

Hello my name is Joshua Dean and I'm not exactly new to this site, just had to create a new account due to my ex-wife hacking every account I ever had. I stumbled upon therpf, 405th, tamasoft, dentedhelmet and others alike a few years ago and got hooked. Currently being a single father of two and working average of 47 hours a week, I don't have much time for my pepakura hobby. SO it's a little bit here and there if the opportunity allows it. I will say that Stealth has been a huge inspiration to me and very insightful and supportive from The Heroes Workshop. Anyways I'll post some pics of the work I've done but give credit to the creators. Looking forward to seeing and doing some amazing things here!!

Re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hello all!
I'm Brian, a machinist from the midwest. I make all kinds of things, mostly machine parts from metal/plastics (never made props before). I'm looking for 3D CAD files of the Dark Knight batsuit. I have CNC capabilities and I'd like to start tinkering with a TDK suit of my own. I'm not really sure where to look, or who to ask for files like that, so I thought I'd give this a try. Any help is welcome! Thanks!

Hi all,

My name is Muz and I am from Aberdeen in Scotland. I live and work in London in media, working on film and television, which fuels my passion for making and owning props and costumes.

I am a huge film fan and have been since a young age going on to study film at film school.

I have a growing collection of all things film related including props! I was so excited to find this site and the community and I am only sorry that I did not find you guys sooner!

I am really into Cosplay and dressing up as film and television characters at any opportunity. This goes way back to my first TV costume at the age of 4 when I dressed as John Pertwee's character Worzel Gummige. I have always been a stickler for detail and effort with the props and costumes that I make and feel that I have found likeminded kin on this site!

Greetings,
My name is Doug and a friend of mine introduced me to this site. I'm not into prop making but I am a big fan of Star Wars. I enjoy collecting Star Wars collectibles of various types and I am in the process of building a Reserve Pilot and a TIE pilot costume. I'm not into actually making and building costume pieces, my RP/TIE pilot costumes will consist of buying each piece already made and painted. From what I've seen so far there are some really cool build threads and it may be what I need to get into prop building or just for buying cool things movie related.

Hey all i'm a 501st member i have a Magma Trooper Imperial crew man TIE Fighter 181 TIE Fighter Imperial Gunner Jango Fett working on a Cylon Centurion and getting into future comic book,Anime costuming I'm not new to costuming i used to do Renaissance reenacting years ago glad to be here and hope to learn from some as well as possible buying from some of the great makers on here

Sorry for the double comment there. My brand new laptop is being sluggishly slow this morning. For anybody just getting into papercraft/pepakura there are many tutorials you can find on youtube or if you give it a Google. www.tamasoft.com is a great place to start as that's where you download the pepakura viewer and pepakura designer and its all free not to mention there is hundreds of downloadable files. I will suggest to make sure that when printing off templates, please check that the scaling was done correctly on the pepakura designer. I've personally made this mistake a few good times. I'm not an expert by any means, just giving friendly suggestions.

Hey all!

I have been around for a while now, trolling the boards. Since I am currently, actively working on my Kylo Ren impression, I felt it would be appropriate to create an account to track my progress, and share my updates.

Here is the first pull on my helmet. 11062914_888724607865440_3768800826833145166_n.jpg

I am so excited to start working on it, and the rest of the costume over the next few months.

Thanks everyone!

Hi all, after taking my son to comicon Manchester last year, I have become a huge fan of cosplay and prop building. It started off with a naruto kusinagi sword build for my son, and now I am hooked.
my latest build is my dredd 2012 suit for this years comicon. I have just completed the lawgiver, and am quite happy with the result

Hi, long time reader of the site, finally joined so I could ask some questions. The RPF is great and I have gotten lots of useful information from posts here. So I suppose the best way to introduce myself is to show the cosplays I have done in the past

Hellboy is my crowning achievement. I put A LOT of work into this build. The Right Hand of Doom is my own, working design. The fingers and thumb all move independently by pullies and springs inside. I also modified the coat, made a latex tail, build the head piece, made his belt with all his accessories and built the Good Samaritan (his gun) I wore this twice to NYCC and got lots of positive feedback.
Me.png 100_1514.jpg

Hellboy was by far my most advanced cosplay but I have done a bunch of simpler ones that were also a lot of fun to wear. Me and some friends did a group cosplay of Bob's Burgers (I'm Bob) and we got to meet the cast and creator of the show, it was epic. We even got on Fox.com that day.
AP967788752571A.jpg

Then there was the time I met Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring, Breaking Bad) dressed as Walter White and he put a box cutter to my throat
20141012_122700(1).jpg

Few more random ones:
Dr. Zoidberg ---- Beaker ---------------------- 11th Doctor (Seth stole my sonic)
Zoidberg.jpg Beaker.jpg 20131012_131701.jpg

Anyway I am getting more ambitious with my projects and I figured it was time to join The RPF and up my game. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Last edited:
hi everybody
i'm paul aka blast i'm from france and a noob in cosplay but i'm working on it!!

here my first cosplay expérience i will use in paris comiccon on october

IMGP5671.JPG

see you ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back