Hello all, I entered the world of costuming about a year and a half ago and it was recently recommended that I join the rpf to assist with some of my projects.

Current costumes: Jayne Cobb, Mandalorian (MMCC)

Projects: Kylo Ren(501), Tusken Raider(501/RL), Generic Jedi(RL), Clone trooper-Commander Fox (501/RL), John Crichton

I look forward to chatting with everyone!
-Austin

Hi there! I'm a 29 year old fangirl in London, UK.
I've been doing anime costumes for the past few years which have mainly been fabric based but I'm wanting to move into doing more armour and prop work!

Hi,

I ran across a reference to this site and it sounds really interesting. I have made some similar type things in the past and am interested to see what everyone is up to. Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope to meet some of you one day.

Cheers,

Rich

Hello! I'm an ex-theatre tech, turned mermaid, turned cosplay enthusiast. I'm currently modifying a cosplaysky AOU Cap costume for a friend of mine, as well as building a SW Rebels Hera costume for myself. Being new to the replica costume making world, I look forward to learning from all of the amazing folks on this forum. <3

Hello there!

My name is Steve Shields and I hail from the dark recesses of Northern Ireland - I also am involved in film production so prop making will become definitely more important and help give me greater options in what I do.

I am hoping to start doing more prop and cosplay style "stuff" - sorry for vague-ness there but I used to be very active in the Airsoft Military Simulation (or MilSim) Event community for 8+ years and I'm still ocassionally doing that, but I'm starting to shift toward more fictional influences loadouts/style of look and gear.

I'm very much new to this and have never tried prop making before, but I'm keen to try and make stuff and very much pro DIY etc.

For example, some looks and props that I'm aiming to work on at the moment are; the security guard from Black Mesa and some Sci-Fi Guan guns from Half Life have always been a favorite, the First Reaction Batt. Force PMC troops in District 9, OCP Detroit Cops from 1987 Robocop and a few other Sci-Fi and dystopian looks. Basically stuff that has a nod towards military or police (cause I have a lot of military and police leftover surplus) with a unique/fictional, sci-fi and/or neo-noir flair.

Cheers and all the best!

Hi!

Obviously just introducing myself. To be quite frank I don't have a whole lot to say! I've been a colossal geek my whole life and I couldn't be more proud of it, my main areas of interest (while not even being close to being limited to these) would have to be Science Fiction (new age stuff and looove the classic stuff from folks like Douglas Adams, Ray Bradbury, and George Orwell in particular), Fantasy (the original Baldur's Gate is the greatest video game ever made), the Marvel Comics megamultiverse, and while not relevant whatsoever, making music and writing. A few years ago is when I caught on to the cosplaying scene and I've made a few fairly decent costumes but I'm looking to expand on my skills and get to know the tricks of the trade as best I can. As well as become more involved in the cosplaying community because it seems to be comprised of some pretty fantastic people! So suffice to say I'm super excited and happy to be here and I can't wait to learn as much as I can and hopefully some day in the not too distant future be able to be passing on tips through threads of my own builds.

If you actually bothered reading this far then I applaud you, but I'm sorry to say there's no pot of gold here. You definitely have my respect though, so that's something right?

SupaChewGuy

Hi,
i am Nakash.
i own a small company and we make work really hard to make costumes for our customers around the world.
i came across this website and found many people who loves costumes and props are gathered here.
i am also passionate about giving people what they want.i like to take challenges.
i love to work with people who wants accuracy in their work.
i make leather costumes.
www.whiteheepleather.com

please let me know if i can help anyone.
thanks.

hey guys!

my names dimitri and found out about this website while i was on the fx saber forums. Im a 17 year old singer and major starwars and iron man fan from California. connect with me via social networks and on the forum! @dimitricolffer

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Official New User Introduction Thread

Wie that Sounds Great i'm a big d9 Fan and would love to see the sign

Hi
I always loved to make prop and replicas
i think the fierst real thing if ever done was a custom dimebag darrel action figure for my fathers Birthday
After That Day I Startes making swords from LOTR, guns from district 9 and a flamethrower from my Most loved movie: ALIEN!
At the Moment i'm working on the fuel canister from district 9
If anyone made one or know wich Materials are good for it PLEASE PM ME!
Cheers

Hello all

My Name is Stefan (37), i come from Germany and i am Big Fan from the Classic Galactica.
i also spend a lot of time with Tabletop (Warhammer 40k)

Hello,
My Name is Joe i am from norwood ohio i am a fan of scifi shows like battlestar galactica i am a collector of toys and trading cards and recently started putting a Battlestar Galactica costume together and trying to add props either in paper form or real props from the original show not the remake version.

Hello everyone, my name is Benn. I found this site while looking to build an iron man suit. I have been coming here for some time and thought I would join. I currently work for the city as a graphic sign designer and am four classes away from obtaining my degree in electronics. I have been on and off for thirty years in auto restoration as a hobby and thought I would have a go at trying something different due to a heart attack back in August. I will post up when I get comfortable with my build and will always be here reading/searching for information. Anyways, I look forward getting to know y'all and learning everything I can. Thanks for the add, to what I have read seams like a great group of people. Ok carry on there is nothing left here to see, go build something lol.

Hello all. I lurk here a lot and decided to make it official so if I have questions I can ask! I dont have any props or costumes as of yet except for a VERY crude Jedi style robe I made in high school. Been researching the things I need for the naturall looking tunic and robe material as my stuff is thin cotton. Thanks for the well of knowledge here!

Hello to all!

My name is David. Found the RPF on facebook a while back by following prop builders and cos players. Grew to love the content was being put out and slowly got my way into prop building though still a novice. Saw there was a chance to sign up for The RPF through a contest and thought I give it a shot. Now I'm slowly learning new skills that will help my prop building and currently a graphic designer which will help with my craft. I can't wait to start posting my projects on here and get the feedback I need to grow as both an artist and a prop builder.

Thank you for reading and as always may the force be with you.

Hello to all. I am a new member. Have been helping my kids make props for their costumes for various cons, and find it to be a lot of fun. I have always loved to make things and take things apart, but only recently have had the time to pursue this interest. It's fantastic that so many other people share this interest. I look forward to reading about everyone's projects. Currently I am making a "mjolnir" for my daughters "girl Thor " costume. I also need to build a Captain America shield for my other daughters "lady" Captain America costume.
always welcome advice.
thanks,
Scott

Getting from South Louisiana.
Been a fan of the Facebook page for a good while, just never signed up for the forums till now.
Currently working on a few Star Wars costume builds, one is a Custom Mandalorian, the second will be a Shadow Scout and my final will be a Shadow Clone Trooper.
I have also painted two other Star Wars helmets for others.
I also want to look into actual helmet molding and sculpting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back