Hey folks!

I've been lurking around here for the last few years, mainly due to the constant recommendations of your very own Adam Savage. I love seeing the beautiful and intricate work members have produced, and I'm getting up the gumption to try some builds of my own. I used to build models as a kid, and I'm feeling the urge to return to the hobby. I have some plans for a couple builds, and I'm working on revamping my shop to make it more serviceable.

Thanks to all the members for the inspiration and wonderful hard work you put into your projects!

Hello!
Hardcore StarWars fan here. Found out about this forum a few months ago, when looking about assembling a Darth Vader costume to get into the 501st. Being a bit discouraged by the investment, I had to "downgrade" my rank and went for a Stormtrooper kit from Anovos, which I'm eagerly waiting to assess overall quality. Still hope one day to be able to follow the path of the Dark Lord... but since then I think I'll serve the Empire from a White plastoid shell....
I've got to say that you guys are well beyond my humble craftmanship. Hope to learn a bit from you...

best

Niccolò

Hi everyone !
So, it looks like my old account, dating before all the hack issues, is somehow lost in the mists.

I'm a Star Wars fan, member of the 501st with two valid costumes (Vader ESB and Royal Guard ROTJ). At the moment, I'm working on a Kylo Ren to be followed by a Line Officer (yeah, we're all lazy at times.... and the Officer is way more comfortable to travel with than my over 30kg Vader box).
I came back to those forums in search of material and information on Kylo Ren, and I must say there's some awesome stuff around.
My personal experience in prop making is quite limited. My main works are some aging of pieces, belt and strap making with heavy duty leather, and some painting. It's been ages since last time I used a sewing machine, but I hope I'll be up for the challenge with Kylo.

Best regards,

Arnianor

Hi hi all, a good friend of mine pointed the site out to me when I started asking him questions about a prop I'm looking into, so here I am! Anything I've built has been pretty terrible, but everyone has to start somewhere I suppose! Looking forward to getting to know folks, and learning a thing or two!

Howdy! Been dabbling in props for some time, but only recently been trying to get serious about it. Hoping to start a long career with them here. =D

Re: >> New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! <<

Howdy from Nashville TN, I have been interested in costuming for awhile now but, never got the courage to actually do it. I have been a big fan of Star Wars and Star Trek since I was young and also some other sci-fi/fantasy things as well. I came to this forms to get help in costume making and to meet some like minded fans. Side note I also do historical reenacting.

- - - Updated - - -

Howdy from Nashville TN, I have been interested in costuming for awhile now but, never got the courage to actually do it. I have been a big fan of Star Wars and Star Trek since I was young and also some other sci-fi/fantasy things as well. I came to this forms to get help in costume making and to meet some like minded fans. Side note I also do historical reenacting.

Hi All,

My names Greg, I go by the name of Kenny Baker Figure on facebook and interested in getting my Star Wars figures signed by a lot of the actors and extras in the films. I`ve found a lot of new people from the films and have got them to agree to signings. Some of them include Hugh Spight, Poppy Hands, Mike Stevens, all first time signers. I`m currently in the process of building a Ree Yees costume for Celebration London and close to finding the actor who played Bo Shek and and also Alfie Curtis.

Howdy. I'm Mike Allred. I'm not anywhere near pro-am status; I just help my friends out with their projects and I was mostly just hoping to see some tips and suggestions to make our work easier and higher quality.

Hey guys, i'm new here, but love making and owning movie props and replicas since a teen, started with a stars wars ANH lightsaber, making stuff from Marvel, TRON Legacy and whatever stuff is popular but cool at the moment.

Yet another from Nashville, TN. I've been reading thread after thread getting more and more amped up with each one. I've concluded that y'all are crazy, messed up and completely weird. It feels like home. :cool

Hi,

Completely new to foam fabrication and while doing research on how to build the armored version of Go Go Tomago for my 5yo daughter. I came across this forum. It's going to be tough because I live in an apartment in Brooklyn with no work space and very few tools. But I think I can get this finished by this Halloween. Also she's small, so it should be easier. Anyway, glad to have found this site and I'm sure it'll be a big help. Already some nice Big Hero six costumes being made.

If I manage to build her costume, I'm planning on being and Armor Baymax, though, probably scaled down... not full height. Though, if it fails, might have to go Fred in street clothes.

:)

Hey!

Im Chris, a long time costumer but if just started on a new project which I could do with some help bouncing ideas off (Check out my Army of Two thread!)

I started costume building and prop making whilst at uni though paintballing of all things, I wanted to build a decent sci-fi paintball gun so ended up converting a toy Lancer from Gears of War into a marker! (please excuse the poor quality pictures)

3746_513869522049_1729565_n.jpg2770_513607437269_427422_n.jpg

From there I moved very eagerly into making costumes, my first major costume was a Colonial Marine from Aliens. I started with a scratch built monstrosity from cardboard and fiberglass but after a few years saving and my wife joining in with me we bought ourselves proper armor and a few other bits.

We are now working on costumes together! we already have screen accurate(ish) Gotham City PD costumes and are now working together for our Army of Two project.

Any help with be gratefully received!

See you on the ready line!

Chris

Hello everyone! I'm new to posting, but I've been following this site for about four or five years now. I've made a few things here and there, but I'm just now wanting to get more involved and to start building more.

Hello All,

Met people from the RPF at Star Wars Celebrations in Anaheim this year. I work in industry creating props for different companies and projects. I've build replicas of Pixar pieces all the way up to 20ft tall mechs. I start with digital models and then go into fabrication with whatever gets the job done, there is never the right procedure. The only caveat is that almost everything I make has consumer interaction so has to be over built.

Cj

Hey everyone,
My name is Damion and I am an Artist/Musician/Sci-Fi/Horror fan and collector. I am a new guy to this forum but have been collecting mainly Star Wars OT and 70's KISS stuff for my entire life. Let me start off my introduction to the forum by answering a lot of inquiries I've seen on here about the SW Rebels E-11 Blaster. I recently got one super cheap on eBay and gave it a little make over and I have to say, it looks pretty good! Way better than it did originally.... I say for all the troopers out there that want to use a blaster that they don't need to worry about, do it! I hope I can add pics? I'm on my iPhone and am new, so bear with me please?

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Ken here from New Zealand. I made a free had starlord helmet and guns before I knew pepakura existed...nnow I'm hooked...but how do I get files and how do I best use the programs?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back