Hello! Glad to join this seemingly amazing group. Not gonna lie, Adam Savage and the Tested channel on YouTube had a bit to do with it...

Already browsed the Junkyard and lurked a little bit on a few threads. So much time and money will be spent through this site. Dear lord I'm shocked at the vast amounts of information here. I'd definitely hope to contribute to this forum in the future.

I did just make a home made whip the other day... Eh. Not really for this site maybe I'll... Oh. Look. How to make a Captain America Shield!

^kid in a candy store.

Hey guys! My name is Felix and I've been making costumes for a few years on the side. Right now I'm a full time college student and I joined to learn more about the techniques people use to make their amazing costumes here! My dream costume is a xenomorph and I hope I can start on it soon. :)

Hello, I'm Mike and I just started with the DeAgostini build the Millenium Falcon, and discovered the thread going on here. I have been visiting the RPF for a while just to look at all the Star Wars stuff, and finally decided to register. I look forward to meeting you all!

Hey everybody I'm joe I joined the forum because I am putting together a robin costume from batman forever. Going to my first convention this summer. Every time I looked up something like gloves or shoes and other hard-to-find items the search results always sent me to this forum. So I'm here to learn some tips and tricks and possibly do a little shopping.

Hello!

I found this site from watching a couple of prop vids on youtube. I don't make props often because of school, projects etc. but I have recently switched from Foam Core to Balsa wood. I am interested in making swords from animes and movies, like The Hobbit trilogy. So far, I'm working on Excalibur from SAO.

HELLO, the RPF!
Name: L Silk
Profession: uni student
Favorite Hobby: making the family happy, keeping my hands productive, attempting to study
What got me here: many blogs on paper craft/foam craft/props
Favorite character: none
Favorite Video Game: Metal Gear Solid
Favorite Food: Everything
Least Favorite Food: BAH! There is not such a thing
Favorite Music Genre: Anything that I like to listen to
Favorite Movie(s): any movie with a good plot, story development, visually pleasing is a plus not just visual effects

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,
Glad to join the enthusiastic community. I'm a CG artist who dearly misses the golden age of miniature visual effects. I'll enjoy the inspiration I'd get from this community.

Hello all! I've cruised this site for a number of years now, but finally decided to join! I've been actively costuming since I was in high school, and before then was the kid who spent far too much time on their Halloween costumes. I am all over the place in terms of what I make and wear, ranging from Jedi garb, to wizarding robes, renaissance clothing, super villains, and gaming nerds. Currently working mostly on costumes for RTX 2015.

hey guys! new member here! I joined the site because im looking for pepakura files for an anime called Bubblegum Crisis 2040. the only one ive found was on 405th for priss' hardsuit. buuuut im looking for Linna's Hardsuit. does anyone on here make pdo files for people?
I need this made and scaled for a 6'1" 285lb person: linna hardsuit.jpg

hello everyone, just wanted to say hi. I am making my first build. A thermal detonator. I posted a thread on the build so you can all giggle at my progress ; )

thank you

Hey, I've been a member since 2012. I've never built anything. I keep looking to build an Iron Man Suit. Thats what led me to this site. While I was in Afghanistan, I had some down time so I was trying to do research. I still can't figure out what way to build it. Maybe someone could help a brother out? Want my suit detailed but not too complicated to build. Seeing the foam looked like a way to go but I don't like the cuts in the bent pieces of the suit. So, I keep looking and looking on here to try and find a way to build it.
Any help, PM me please!!!

Hello Everyone! I've lurked around here for a bit and been amazed at the content. Sci-fi, space, and the future have always been of interest, in particular, the interesting ships of a little known movie called STAR WARS. My other interests include playing barely acceptable guitar and firearms,(AR15's are like LEGOS for adults.) I don't have much experience as a maker but being out of work, I figure it could be something therapeutic and fun at the same time, so I've got a pile of styrene some glue and a knife... I should probably pick up some band aids too. Wish me luck and maybe I'll post pictures of...whatever mass of glued plastic i create.

Cheers!

Greetings one and all, I found this site by watching the Tested shows. This seems like a great resources for anyone into cosplay and I couldn't wait to join the fun. I haven't done alot of prop making, in fact I'm probably incredibly noobish, but I've been making stuff for myself and friends for a few years now.
2109714.jpgThis is the first prop I ever made myself. It's a Haro from Gundam 00 made of the green florist foam(two half spheres) with over ear headphones attached to the inside and out the back to let me make it talk. The ear flaps open and close by just bending the metal a little to reveal the speaker parts of the head phones.
since that build I've made a staff with a "floating ring", several wooden swords, a few practice runs of plastic cast from silicon molds in the shape of Colt 1911s (since that was the airsoft gun I had.)

Good to meet everyone and I hope I can eventually get enough knowledge to help others in turn.

Hello!

My name is Therese and I'm from Norway. I'm a cosplayer (among other things) and strive to make my costumes and props as close to the originals as possible. I'm way better at making costumes than props, and that's kind of why I'm here. I hope I can get inspiration from this page and find some threads to help me get better at propmaking.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better! :)

Hey guys!
My name is Kyle and I'm from the UK (Matlock Bath) I wanted to join the RPF for a while after seeing all the great content on here. I am a mask maker myself and I'm starting to dabble in costume making and props.

My masks are all made by hand by myself using the same traditional techniques as they use in Venice to this day. This mainly comprises of plaster molds and pressed paper into them to pull a mask. I enjoy making masks from Traditional Venetian designs to more relevant masks from today's popular film and games.

Some of more recent and popular masks are custom Iron Man masks that I have inserted below for your consideration.

I look forward to continue to view all your guys amazing work and to be an active member of the RPF by sharing mine. Thanks alot for reading check out some of my work!

20150204_233323.jpg20150204_233806.jpg20150219_225934.jpg

Hi my name is Matthew , I'm from Ireland! :cool haha and I love drawing comics and superheroes and cartoons , I've even sold a few!! I have a page on facebook with 131 likes its called The Cartoon Lagoon and it's my favourite hobby! I'm also an amatuer boxer and I train twice a week at most with a very skilled trainer and I then train myself at home along with a good diet! I'm all about positive vibes!! People describe me as a bit crazy, fun , great sense of humour and a nice person ! I have just started my research on making a spiderman costume like 'Lunaman's first costume and I'm very excited! This is the first time I have joined a forum like this and I'm very impressed with the great community and great guidelines in place! Thanks so much for the amazing forum and I plan on being an active member to the community!
Thanks! :D
Matthew

My name is John and I'm from Texas and I found this forum through your props.com. I'm not much of a replica filter or anything of that nature, but I've seen the work for a few months now and I'm avidly looking for 80s movie memorabilia replica to purchase from my movie theater room. If you think you have anything I might be interested in you do not hesitate to msg me

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back