Page 2 of 492 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Apr 16, 2010, 10:43 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #26

Yeah it great that I've finally gotten around to registering.

I have the usual replicas, including but not limited to;

TK (FX) Stormtrooper Armour
    E-11 Blaster (Resin)
    DL-44 Blaster, Greedo Killer (Resin)
    Light Saber, Luke's ANH (genuine Graflex)
    Light Saber, Vader(ish) ANH (Heiland)
    Light Saber, Custom short handled (Heiland)
    Droid Caller (genuine Kobol)
    Colonial Warrior Costume complete w/helmet, pistol and belt (still need boots)
    Robocop's Auto 9
    Narsil
    Gold Cloak Pin (Original LOTR)

I have tons of crap that doesn't come to mind at the moment... but my job does expose me to a lot of greeblies, so I should start scratch building some interesting stuff. (eventually)
    From
    Sydney, Australia
    Apr 17, 2010, 12:19 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #27

Aloha all newbies and welcome to RPF..
  3. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 17, 2010, 12:41 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #28

Hi,just a quick introduction,i collect Davros of Dr Who fame and in particular various styles of Davros masks,i have quite a few already but am always on lookout for other versions i dont have already,although that is my main passion i do enjoy looking at all other peoples interests in scifi props and models,great to be part and will chat very soon, cheers Ty.
    From
    West Midlands, England
    Apr 17, 2010, 3:22 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #29

Great to be here
    From
    Scotland
    Apr 17, 2010, 3:30 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #30

DasBrutus said: View Post
    I'm Scottish
    Whereabouts in Scotland are you from mate?
    From
    Scotland
    Apr 17, 2010, 3:30 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #31

Hi everyone,

Let me introduce myself. I'm Lorna from Scotland. I'm a big Star Wars and Dr.Who fan and a love for most things Sci-fi. I'm married with a beautiful daughter who is a great excuse for playing with toys. I have recently made an Audrey II and the internet from the IT crowd but I am pretty new to prop making but glad to be on-board with those in the know and hope to develop my skills and make some cool looking props. I used to costume with the UKG as a stormtrooper (FX armour) but no longer active, I'm to busy enjoying staying at home and playing mum, and dreaming up what prop to make next.

Anyway it's nice to meet you all, and thanks for having me on-board.
    From
    Tulsa, OK. USA
    Apr 17, 2010, 5:15 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #32

Hello, new to the boards but been a big scifi and fantasy movie, book/storyfan for many years. Also very big fan of the special effects and props made and used. I have hardly no props but I hope to change that soon, I own a CNC mill I built myself from scratch (no plans) a lathe I hope soon to turn into a CNC controlled unit. and a ton of other tools some I bought as they are, some I have modified for specific purposes and some I made from scratch because no such tool existed before. I make goggles and leather masks with the only plastic I use in the goggles being the transparent colored lenses and some mirrored lenses made of lexan *polycarbonate* (bullet proof glass is made of this) and lucite *acrylic*

My youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/user/morphtrust

Sincerely,
    The Architect
    Last edited by Montagar; Apr 17, 2010 at 7:53 AM.
    From
    Bonhill, Scotland
    Apr 17, 2010, 6:39 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #33

How y'all doing folks!

After a wait of what felt like years I finally made it onto these fabled forums and I've been having a ball going through all the old threads and have once again got the modelling bug back and now just have to decide what I'm going to tackle(without the other half realising what I' up to).

I'm a member of the UK.Garrison (part of the worldwide 501st) and am the proud owner of an Imperial Royal Guard costume and I am also one of only four Original series Cylons in the UKG.

Am currently just about to start a Senate Guard(actually I'm not doing a darn thing) once a couple of extremely talented ladies in the UK have the time to start the helmet and the soft parts of the costume..

Now!I have an ice cold beer and I'm going to spend the next couple of hours going through the forums to see some of the fantastic work you folk have come up with.

Iain
  9. RPF Premium Member Jack of All Trades's Avatar
    From
    Hollywood, CA
    Apr 17, 2010, 12:07 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #34

Hello gents! I've been meandering around this forum for MONTHS waiting for registration to open up. Some of you may know me as Jack of All Trades or Captain Frank from some of the Pirate forums. Jodo, Captain Jack Savvy, Mojo, Acme!!! (and anyone I may have missed) How the heck are ya!!! It's good to be here and I am highly impressed by some of stuff made here. Thanks for having me!
    From
    Annapolis MD
    Apr 17, 2010, 2:05 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #35

Welcome all!
  11. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Dallas, Texas
    Apr 17, 2010, 4:09 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #36

Polsnulspace said: View Post
    Whereabouts in Scotland are you from mate?
    Heritage. Clan Lamont and Clan MacGreggor. Das Wife and I are planning a visit for our 15th anniversary. I believe my clans are from the Highlands (and not because of the movies).
    Apr 17, 2010, 5:38 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #37

Hi all, I've decided to register here in the hope of getting dome good Doctor who/Torchwood Props Good to see you all
  13. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 17, 2010, 5:45 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #38

Hi all, I lucked out and made it to the site while registration was open. I am really enjoying the site so far.
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 17, 2010, 8:49 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #39

Hey there everyone,
    My name is Tim and I've been collecting replica props from horror movies for most of my life if you count the crappy freddy gloves from back in the day lol. A few years back I got into screenused stuff. I'm mainly into Rob Zombies H1 and H2. I've had many Myers masks but the one below is far and away the best one I've found its called "Unearthed"

15. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 17, 2010, 9:34 PM - Hi #40

I'm new to prop making. I would like to be a professional prop-man someday. I am also interested in stunts. Does anyone have any information on props for Home Alone?
    From
    Tulsa, OK. USA
    Apr 18, 2010, 3:15 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #41

sorry bout the links to my site, I was more or less showing off my skills as I collect those
    (skills I mean on the collecting thing)

hopefully I can change that soon as I want to make things that I get to keep. and unfortunately right now that is only the top hat some cloths (like the vest and leather pembroke collar and red pants I made) and my goggles. (if you look at the youtube videos you will notice something strange about the reflection of the light off of them. I did this on purpose to mimick the lenses of Doctor Steels goggles. so they sort of are replicas of his prop goggles. I hope to add my own custom sonic screw driver soon (with a 3 watt blue luxeon) and see if I can not hide a real screw driver in there some where or maybe a USB flash drive
  17. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 18, 2010, 6:38 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #42

Hello! I've been waiting for the registration for some time. Yay I finally get to post!

I found this forum when I was looking up references to the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland costumes. I loved them so much that I wanted to make them That thread in the costume forum was VERY helpful and I loved reading about people's progress and I absolutely love that everyone tries to help each other become better and learn.

I don't have pictures to show, I haven't made costumes in a long time. I'm very much a manga/anime/game/comics type of person so most of the things I'll do will involve that. I made a costume about 8-9 years ago which was the human form of Luna from Sailormoon which was just a yellow dress with some netting underneath, pretty simple.

Oh! So also, I like how much time and effort the people take to get costumes and props to be as accurate as possible. I am a perfectionist so every little detail really gets me! I'm always fussing about stuff! So although I didn't make many costumes, I have a pretty good ability in sewing since I took classes for 10 years while I was a kid. But I don't wear anything, I just love creating stuff!

Anyhow, I hope to contribute, I don't know what I can do for others, but everyone here seems pretty awesome. I'm also interested in learning about how to cast resin... wanted to make gemstones :/ I'm interested in making jewelry too but it seems expensive.. I have learned silver clay though.
    From
    Germany
    Apr 18, 2010, 7:30 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #43

Hello to all.
    I'm pretty new to prop collecting and making. This side provided great inspiration and "I need this" feelings . In my collection are only a few pieces, mostly Indiana Jones Stuff, but I hope it will grow. A few pieces are on my "to-do list" and the "I want to buy list". I'm looking forward to share pictures of them with you.
    From
    Wales, UK
    Apr 18, 2010, 10:39 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #44

Hi everyone, I'm Terry (or Tee if that's easier!) - I'm 40yrs old and live in South Wales. Been a prop and set builder for a few years, now I'm an illustrator and designer and also semi-pro voiceover artist. I am a member of the UK Garrison (recently sold my Stormtrooper Armour, but am currently building a Biker Scout). I do a half-decent Jack Sparrow (as seen in my avatar), and am interested in Star Wars, POTA and Doctor Who props among many others.
    From
    Kinki Region, Japan
    Apr 18, 2010, 11:09 AM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #45

Hi everybody!

I'm originally from Northern California and have been living and working in Japan for some time. I'm most active in the 1:6 scale community, but I've been into 1:1 scale stuff for many years, esp. military uniforms and equipment. I'm also a loooong time sci fi fan, so this seems like the perfect place for me.

While I'm mostly into prop collecting these days rather than prop building, (due to time constraints), over the past year I've been assembling an Aliens US Colonial Marine costume, which is one of the reasons I decided to join this forum. I also have plans to build a Rollerball and a Mad Max costume in the near future.

My hobby interests are varied and so is my current collection. Once I've had time to learn my way around the forum, I'd like to share some pics of a few of my favorite pieces with anyone who'd like to have a look.

Cheers!
    From
    Australia
    Apr 18, 2010, 12:27 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #46

G'day Everybody
    I'm an Aussie with a passion for my family and Star Wars. We don't dress up, just enjoy making Props and collecting.
    cheers and see you in the forums
    From
    Michigan / Ohio / Alabama, United States
    Apr 18, 2010, 12:42 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #47

Hello everyone. I'm glad to finally be an official member of the community.

I have been following the forums for quite some time. I'm not a prop maker, per se, but I have always had an interest in movies and the way things are made. I am in complete awe of the members work and, hopefully one day, I will be able to add to the amazing works found here
    Apr 18, 2010, 12:53 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #48

Hello fellow RPF members!

Must say I’m amazed by the artistry, craftsmanship and research poured into the props seen on this board. Personally, my interest falls mostly with props seen in Universal Horror, Golden Age Horror, and 50s Sc-Fi and Horror films.

Happy to be onboard!
    Last edited by propmaker; Apr 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM.
    From
    Ventura County , California
    Apr 18, 2010, 2:37 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #49

Greetings to all.
    Thanks to the heads up from my associate Jaws68, I am now a member.
    I am a collector of prop weapons and antique relics from a wide range of sci-fi and adventure /fantasy films. Worked in the Special Make-up Effects industry for almost 10 years. I have seen some amazing craftsmanship here and look forward to making some great contacts. Very happy to be aboard. Thanks!
  25. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Brooklyn, NY
    Apr 18, 2010, 6:20 PM - re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! ** #50

Hello everyone. It is great to finally be a member of this wonderful board. I look forward to meeting new people and getting involved in future projects!