re: ** New Members: Please Introduce Yourselves Here! **

Hi, I've always been a fan of replica props not a maker, but I've recently start to learn about the making and even started a proyect already!

Hello everyone. I'm a new member, and I must say that this website is just what I was looking for. I'm passionate from replicas, I've got a few cars replica at home, but the reason I joined this website today is basically because I'm making a film with a friend of mine and we need some replicas of a detective badge and a few files ( but we need some like professional ones, you know the ones on CSI or X-Files) and we can't find anywhere, so I really hope that someone in here know how I can find it, but anyway, this website is actually the best thing I found in years!! Well done for everyone who put this all together, and wish you all the best luck!!

Hi and best greetings from Germany!

I only collect Star Wars stuff. I read here lot of years and now I joined the community to write some comments to the fantastic work from the RPF-members!

Here you can finde some pics of my collection:

Hey everyone, I'm Ryan and am new to the prop making world. I have been working on Fetts Trash Can Iron Man Suit Case Suit and I'm happy to be able to post now.

Hi, all! My name is Ali and I've been dragged here by my fiance KidUltron to start posting since we kinda work together on our multiple projects.
While he's the hardware part of our duo, I'm the one who works mostly on the sewing and painting...though I can also do my fair share of doing the models.
I'm currently working with him on his Iron Man suit(s), having just helped him finish pepping his helm...and while he works on the plastic and riveting, I'll be working on the electric side of things by trying to get his mic and LEDs working.

I work mostly on our costumes on the sewing part, having done a few replica creations, the best of which was a Claire Redfield from Resident Evil Code Veronica I wore at AWA a few years back. I'm hoping this year to work with some EL wire and get some cool stuff done like an original Tron outfit and a Laughing Octopus from Metal Gear Solid 4.
That, of course, is all depending on how things are with this Iron Man.

Anyway, glad to be here to learn, teach, and share ideas!

Hi everyone

My name's Scott and I joined up to show off some stuff and to get ideas and motivation! I've only recently come to sci-fi kit building after spending years painting 28mm figures and then moving up in scale to 54 and 90mm figs. Have now returned to my childhood and am rabidly consuming any larger scale sci-fi kits I can find. :thumbsup

You can see some of my figures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/spacemunkie/sets/72157605704907650/

And some of my kits here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/spacemunkie/sets/72157622082579698/

Cheers!

Hi everyone-

I've been a member since last year (I think) but I don't work in props, mostly just fabric related things like costumes. My BF has been a member for a LONG time. I just finished some 2001: A Space Odyssey jumpsuits and I may post pics of them sometime soonish. Next up is Airwolf and original series Lost in Space stuff.

Hi everyone,

I'm Phil, been lurking for a while and managed to register when it last opened up.
No good at making my own props but got most of the Judge Dredd stuff from Temight Replicas and got a film version helmet waiting for some paint.

Hello,
A friend of mine is a long time member and he recommended me to come here and look around! Soooo... here I go! Later

Hello there,
I've spent a lot of time over the years dropping by. When I saw that registration was now open - I jumped. It's great to be here. I'm a collector more than a builder which is a little twisted since I have so many unbuilt model kits. I am specific in what I collect - quite a bit surrounds the Nautilus from Disney's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. After that, Bond, Star Trek, Star Wars, Aurora kits, miscellaneous futuristic car kits. Film interest/props include 2001: A Space Odyssey, LIS, VTTBOTS, most Gerry Anderson series and - well - it does go on. I'm heading directly over to any scratch built Millenium Falcons I can find - always a thrill to see one all decked out.

All my best.

My apologies for not posting this sooner, I am a new member here that has been interested in learning/building props for a couple years now (thanks to TMP for his IM suit). I currently know less than nothing about the craft but am trying my hand at pepakura building a IM helmet and neck (bust). I have no illusions about what my 1st attempt will be other than a learning experience but hopefully I can make it so I can at least display it in my Home Theater. I am completely floored at the talent on these forums I know alot of time effort and love have gone in all the projects posted on here and I hope to learn from your experiences and "mistakes".

cheers!

Hello guys and gals. New member here obviously. I'm very much into the "Halloween" franchise. I was a member over at Michael-Myers.net for almost 4 years before it was shut down earlier today. Just looking for a new place to call home and meet some cool people with some of the same interests as myself. I'd also like to start a collection of something other than "white masks".
I've heard many good things about this site and look forward to fun times here and seeing some of the amazing work done by the talented artists on this site. Take care everyone and I'll see you all on the board. ;)
Later.

-DC

Last edited:

Hi, my name is Darren and I joined a week or two ago but have only just found some time to get back on the boards. Well I suppose I should say a little bit about myself. I've been building models since the age of 9 but have only been into building replicas for the last couple of years since I joined a Star Wars costuming group called the Galactic Knights. I have been building wepons mainly but my latest project is a Sith Holocron. This is a pic of it at it's latest stage so far.

SithHolocron006.jpg

I will post up more project pics when I get more time and hope to make lots of like minded friends here too.:cool

Hello everyone, my name is Alex and I just found out about this board recently. I don't have a whole lot of experience with prop making, but I aim to change that. I am really amazed at how talented everyone is on here, and I hope to learn as much as I can from all the awesome prop makers and artificers.

Cheers!

Hi, I'm Moritz from Berlin, Germany. This board was recommended to me by a german DVD board. I totally agree with my previous speakers: I'm very impressed with the work and effort you guys put into making such great replicas and props!

Hi!
I'm from Italy and i found this great forum searching from some props from Iron Man 2, and here I found the heaven! Hope my PayPal account won't be closed for how many money I will spend here!! Great work!

Hi it is a honer to be part of this forum with such skilled artist
i have been roaming around the forums for a year now and felt the need to join so
i will be the one in the back reading and looking at all the great work

What a great site! I just found it from a link on another site. You all have some serious talent. I've always been into props and replicas, but have never had any skills in it. It's not going to be anything major, but I think I have an idea of what my first project will be!

Hey everyone :] I'm a long time costumer, I'm just new to the props side of things. I'm a fashion major so sewing is my forte! I hope to learn a lot while I'm here

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back