THUNDERBIRDS!

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
Did Bandai or anyone ever make decent size kits of the vehicles from the recent movie?

I finally got around to renting it a few days ago, and I think I've watched it at least once a day since.

I was scared to death it was going to just be a "Spy Kids" knock off, but it's plain to see that Frakes, Paxton, Edwards, and everyone else in that age bracket really put a lot of love into this flick. :)

The CGI never completely beat you over the head, the kids never "quite" crossed into "annoying territory", and when they came close, the scenes with the ships and older actors quickly pulled it back to being fun.

Hehe, I actually got a little bit misty eyed, watching T-2 roll down the palm tree alley for launch. :$

-Sarge

No kits AFAIK, there were some small trading models I think. I did pick up an Japanese-issue "Deluxe" TB2 that was big (11" long.) with electronic features and some pod vehicles inside. B)

thunderbirds1.jpg

thunderbirds2.jpg

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue382/cool.html

Originally posted by Galactifan@Apr 30 2005, 12:46 AM
I actually liked the new Thunderbirds movie, too... Very enjoyable and the extra features on the DVD were pretty cool.
[snapback]976883[/snapback]​

Heh, did you catch that quick shot they snuck in, when the kids are taking off in TB1, where the hand on the right comes down on the throttle, and has strings on it? :lol

-Sarge

Originally posted by SgtFang@Apr 30 2005, 01:00 AM

Heh, did you catch that quick shot they snuck in, when the kids are taking off in TB1, where the hand on the right comes down on the throttle, and has strings on it?  :lol

-Sarge
[snapback]977029[/snapback]​

Yup, I played the DVD back a few times and realized they were paying a tribute to the super-marionettes from the original series.

Bandai did make som kits of TB1, TB2 and TB3. Very small though.

I have them at home, and I'm afraid it's going to be one of those neverending projects, because I've tried to superdetail them, drilling out the windows and holes in the supportbeams, and so on.

/Niels

I remember seeing some mini-kits at a comic book show back in February, but I have a reissue set of the Matchbox models, TB 1-2-3-4 and Lady Penelope's car. Also an unassembled TB-3 model from the 1980's in a box somewhere.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back