Your number one WORST film ever.

It's a toss up between Kull the Conquerer and Batman and Robin for me.

The only two times I've ever wanted to walk out of a theater.

-Gary

Again...?

All right - PEARL HARBOR

I think when considering this, you need to ask what the film was meant to be, and what its expecations were. Another consideration is the impact a film's failure has on the industry.

Battlefield Earth for example - outside of Travolta's head, no one expected or thought it was going to be a gem.

Transformers or Transformers 2 - good or bad, its mental junk food, nothing more.

Godzilla? Emmerich films are always rich with cheese.

A film about Pearl Harbor, produced in contemporary times, had so much potential. Its a very serious subject matter, and one that - if done right - could be a contender for a Best Picture.

Michael Bay or not, I think expectations were high.

And he failed miserably. On multiple levels.

And as a result, he offened both veterans of WWII, and vets of the film industry.

And no one will touch this subject for a LONG time... :unsure

Desperate Living - by John Waters.

A friend of mine owned the theater this was being shown in and asked the group of us who went "Are you really sure you want to see this? Really?" We were warned.

Well, there are a ton of movies that are awful, but they are supposed to be awful. They aren't even worth listing, there are too many.

I will agree with the Fog remake. It's such a fantastic premise and could have been so friggin' scary, but they had to ruin it with horrible casting that lame ass ending. Ugh. Such a dissapointment, more than anything

My entry?

Miami Vice.

I almost couldn't finish this piece of crap, but I sat through it just to be sure. When it was over, I wanted to lick my own ass, just to get the bad taste of this film out of my mouth.

I almost couldn't finish this piece of crap, but I sat through it just to be sure. When it was over, I wanted to lick my own ass, just to get the bad taste of this film out of my mouth.

You summed it up perfectly, Tony, when it comes to my worst.

Ghost World.

You're all wrong.

The worst movie ever made, of all time - including the future - is Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation.

No movie ever made, or yet to be made, has or will be, as bad as this POS. That includes your Leprechauns 4, Jason X and even, Manos: Hands of Fate. Even when "Leprechauns 7: Leprechaun and Jason's Excellent Adventure in 3D" is released, SST2 will still be worse.

Watch it and disagree with me - I dare you :lol:lol:lol

-Fred

Sideways. Good GOD, I can't even begin to express the agony that was this film... The only reason I watched this ultra-boring movie about wine-snobbery was because I was surrounded by future in-laws who thought it was just amazing.

The only part of it I enjoyed was seeing the jerk friend on the receiving end of a motorcyle helmet turned melee weapon.

PEARL HARBOR

I think when considering this, you need to ask what the film was meant to be, and what its expecations were. Another consideration is the impact a film's failure has on the industry.

A film about Pearl Harbor, produced in contemporary times, had so much potential. Its a very serious subject matter, and one that - if done right - could be a contender for a Best Picture.

Michael Bay or not, I think expectations were high.

And he failed miserably. On multiple levels.

And as a result, he offended both veterans of WWII, and vets of the film industry.

Totally agree with you. I was on Oahu when they were filming some of this, and the people at the Museums were excited, the Veterans were excited, my Grandfather (vet) was excited, I couldn't wait.......

SyFy movies suck. Jason part 17 is going to suck. A remake of (insert classic movie) is going to suck.

Man, we got hosed by that movie. It's almost inconcievable that one could make a bad movie about those events. I cannot stand to even watch a few minutes of it now. And to think Bay got bent that he wasn't offered better films immediately after.

Sideways. Good GOD, I can't even begin to express the agony that was this film... The only reason I watched this ultra-boring movie about wine-snobbery was because I was surrounded by future in-laws who thought it was just amazing.

The only part of it I enjoyed was seeing the jerk friend on the receiving end of a motorcyle helmet turned melee weapon.

Seemed almost like a fan-made film...

Were it not for the two leading actors (or, if they'd gone with no-name leads), I'd have thought it WAS a home-made movie.

I did like two elements:

1. It was shot in and around one of my favorite regions of our state - the central coast wine region. Though again - the cinematography looked amatuer; like home-made vacation video and not a professional film. Its such a beautiful area and could be made to look stunning, but the film failed in this.

2. The dialogue of Giamatti when describing how he likes the wine. Heck, Giamatti himself, in general, is fun to watch. Persoanlly, I think he is a talented actor.

Last edited:
Transformers 2. They took the only good element from the first movie, which was robots fighting robtos, and made it boring as heck. Plus, they actually think I give a sh** about Shia Labugfudge. The moment where he dies was the biggest relief in the entire movie, until he came back to life.

Oh, the film also hates women with a passion.

Absolutely! I mean, did everyone have to be constantly sweaty? Did they film it with a slightly orange-tinted lens? And why exactly WERE his parents in Egypt in the first place..did they HAVE to be there? And what is it with the rambling high-speed dialogue? It's like they had to cram as many lines in as they could....and there were way too many sexually suggestive things in that movie for my 7-year old daughter to see, which made her very upset..she loves the first one...but I had to say no to the 2nd.
Sorry...had to get all that out. :lol

You're all wrong.

The worst movie ever made, of all time - including the future - is Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation.

Right there with you, Fred.

The ONLY redeeming quality about this film is the commentary in which is one giant statement of "we know this is a POS and we are sorry but we had no money" repeated over and over again. :lol:lol:lol

I guess it depends on how serious we're talking about the worst movie ever made. I mean, nothing mentioned so far comes close to touching Eraserhead in my opinion. That has to be one of the most horrible movies ever made in the history of film.

I'd have to say the worse I've seen in a very long time was the remake of "The Thin Red Line".... PAINFULLY boring...and the actors doing those little voice-over parts, trying to sound all deep and poetic...c'mon...it's a war movie...lets see some *@#!% get blown up!
It's the first movie I can remember actually leaving early since I saw "Food of the Gods" when I was a little kid and freaked out when they showed the giant worms and had to be taken out by my mom into the next screen to see the rest of "Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo". *lol*

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back