Interesting development in "Chuck"-TV series - SPOILER ! ! !

propologist

Sr Member
I was giddy as a school girl about chuck and Sarah finally getting together . Glad to see Shaw hit the dust too. I love fantasy shows that make you excited for no apparent reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: chuck finally gets the girl

Yeah, it was a good episode. I was glad to see Casey working a deal to get back in to the organization.

Is it me or do those running the show seem to be thinking there won't be a season 4?
Chuck gets the girl...

*Spoilers below*

Morgan finds out about chucks spy-dom
Morgan gets casey to get him into the spy program
Chuck kills someone, but stays the same basic person

What's left?

I agree Mike at this point the show could conclude and it would have been a great ending.
Am sure the writers will find a way to mess all of that up so that we can spend more time hoping to get back to that point.....
LOL

** SPOILERS BELOW **

My guess is that Shaw isn't dead (Chuck shot him with one of those fake guns like in the elevator scene). Now that Casey got the Ring director, they'll need a new one - Shaw would be perfect for that role.

Preview scenes from Monday's episode showed Chuck's dad returning and Chuck asking "Why is my dad here?". Chuck has for some time tried to get the Intersect out of his head, but now he has embraced it. His dad will probably approach him saying "I found a way to get it out" and Chuck has to make a decision. Or his dad will say, "I hope you haven't been using it much, I found a flaw that could kill you".

I also enjoyed Monday's episode very much. If the writers want to start taking the show in a slightly different direction, I can't blame them (Previously - Chuck has the intersect, wants it out; this season - Chuck embracing the intersect; next season - Chuck doing more spy stuff, Morgan covering for him at the Buy More, Shaw returns as a nemesis and goes after everyone (Ring related or solo)?).

I agree Mike at this point the show could conclude and it would have been a great ending.
Am sure the writers will find a way to mess all of that up so that we can spend more time hoping to get back to that point.....
LOL

I'm probably too jaded since networks always seem to find the shows I like and then cancel them :) At least it seems that way :)

Still, i'm guessing the execs are hedging their bets. They got strung out til the announcement of the fall schedule only to find they weren't on it last year. Then when asking the network weren't given a real answer, only to find out a week or two later they'd get a 1/2 season order as a mid season replacement.

If something like Shaw returning as the head of the Ring were to happen, my guess is it they wouldn't likely go that route until next season. They were about as close to canceled as you can get last year, so i can imagine them being cautious.

I don't have any problems with them taking the show in new directions, it just seems more plausible they're closing all the plot points possible 'in case'.

Anyone know how the ratings are this year as opposed to last? With NBC's crappy showing this year even holding their ground would be good.

i don't think of it being a " spoiler" since the show came on three days ago..it's not a NEW show...If you hadn't seen it by now then your not a fan of the show.

Or maybe I work 65 hrs a week and haven't had time to sit down with my wife and watch it. Not all of us live in front of the TV.

From my understanding this was supposed to be the end of season 3 since it was originally only picked up for a short season. So we will see what happens with the rest of the season. Hopefully they will be able to keep it as good as it has been lately.

Or maybe I work 65 hrs a week and haven't had time to sit down with my wife and watch it. Not all of us live in front of the TV.

From my understanding this was supposed to be the end of season 3 since it was originally only picked up for a short season. So we will see what happens with the rest of the season. Hopefully they will be able to keep it as good as it has been lately.

Thankfully I watched in the computer late last night after spending time with the wife and kids...Thank God i don't work 65 hours a week ..lol

Thankfully I watched in the computer late last night after spending time with the wife and kids...Thank God i don't work 65 hours a week ..lol

Yeah it stinks. :( But hopefully we will be able to watch it tomorrow night. Today is one of my 9am to 1am days. Ugh. And at least I know there is a happy ending. Or mostly happy anyway.

Didn't know it was supposed to the be end. There are 2-3 more episodes in May. They said at the end of mondays show 'chuck returns in 3 weeks with x more episodes' (i forget the value of X :)...so if this was supposed to be the finale', hopefully adding a couple extra episodes is good news.

Didn't know it was supposed to the be end. There are 2-3 more episodes in May. They said at the end of mondays show 'chuck returns in 3 weeks with x more episodes' (i forget the value of X :)...so if this was supposed to be the finale', hopefully adding a couple extra episodes is good news.

This week's episode was #13. Originally it was only picked up for 13 episodes which is not unusual. So the writers wrote 13 episodes with a decent ending since the show has been troubled with threats of cancelation in the past. But then it got picked up for a longer season so they had to write more episodes. Hopefully they will be able to do a good job with finishing the season.

Well, yeah. I'm just saying hopefully picked up for a few more episodes is a good thing and not 'we're going to cancel you, but we'll give you a couple more hours to tie up all your loose ends'.

I knew it was picked up for 13, i just didn't know this weeks was #13. Explains the break between now and the next new show. Getting a late order for extra episodes means there's likely a break to write then film them.

This was supposed to be the season finale this week, but then they were asked to deliver 5 or 6 more episodes because other shows got cancelled. I'm pretty sure they wrote the original 13 as if they were the last, given us the ending this week where he got the girl, Casey got is job back and Chucks best buddy becomes his spy sidekick.

So now we have a 3rd more episode, another finale to build up to (probably not as good), the return of the ring and probably another season.

** SPOILERS BELOW **
My guess is that Shaw isn't dead (Chuck shot him with one of those fake guns like in the elevator scene). Now that Casey got the Ring director, they'll need a new one - Shaw would be perfect for that role.

After listening to the youtube posting of the Chuck panel at Wondercon from last weekend, I think Shaw is really intended to be dead at this point.

Granted, they may change their minds and bring him back... but the impression I got is that they really intend for Shaw's character to be dead. As dead as a fictional character can be. ;) Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the character come back on the show as a bad guy or maybe the leader of the Ring.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back