Star Wars sitcom?

Oh God... NO!

Don't ruin the toons the way you did the movies!

Make the live action and give it the grit of the OT before no one cares anymore!!!

Read about this earlier. SW for pre-schoolers?? really? Just feels like SW has finally jumped the shark and Lucas no longer cares about retaining the integrity of the universe he created.

A half hour of only the jokes of Star Wars?

I know what it'll be like watching it:

drag.jpg

An interesting idea, seems more like a concept that would work better as a series of specials then a series but with Seth Green and Matthew Senreich having "creative involvement." I will have to check it out. They seem to have a great way of making fun of it while still being fans.:thumbsup
I know lots of folks hate the animated series and see it as a bad thing, and I love it, so I am willing to give this a try as well.

Seth Green and Matthew Seinreich (Robot Chicken) are doing it, so I think it has potential. Of course if you hated the Robot Chicken SW stuff, it will probably not be your thing.

There were some comics a few years back called Tag and Bink Are Dead that were funny and had an interesting premise, it'd be cool if they did something like that.

Read about this earlier. SW for pre-schoolers?? really? Just feels like SW has finally jumped the shark and Lucas no longer cares about retaining the integrity of the universe he created.

Actually, it appears the preschooler SW is a different show (based on the Galactic Heroes figures).
There may be a total of 3 Star Wars animated series soon.

The current animated series is awesome!

I'm leery of this new animate comedy series though. The SW Robot Chicken is hilarious, but I didn't like the SW Family Guy specials. Tag and Bink was a great comic series and if they can make it something like that it could be good.

You guys keep complaining about Lucas pimping his franchise. Can you blame him? People are buying it so he will continue to make a buck. The only way to stop the machine is if people stop supporting it which is not going to happen soon (the kids love it). What do I do? I watch the original trilogy and call it a day. Whining about it on the RPF won't stop the forthcoming pain.

Let's be honest, though, how can you NOT watch? :lol

Let's be honest, though, how can you NOT watch? :lol

Easy. "She's lost the will to live."

I gave up on Star Wars the moment Padme died of a broken heart. How can I honestly support something where the only female character that's worth da** is killed off because that jerk of a character did what he's always done? Being a jerk.

And this new Clone Wars series? No interest. I watched the original animated series and that was good for what it was trying to do. This new series is just so pointless. It goes nowhere, does nothing, and everything it showcases as being new just ends up being irrelevant later on. It's the epiphany of a series that's stuck in one storyline that's already been told and doesn't want to move forward. Even if there were good episodes, or even terrific episodes, it all sucks anyways because all roads lead to "She's lost the will to live".

The only Star Wars fix I get nowadays is from the original Knights of the Old Republic game. I still regard that as the best Star Wars THING in any medium. Even better than the original trilogy. You can leave the characters you don't like behind, develop the characters you like, make the lead character into whatever he/she wants to be and have a blast. Any kind of character you create, whether he/she is good or bad will be 100x more enjoyable, entertaining and likable than any iteration of that ****** bag of a character named Anakin Skywalker.

I have what I want out of Star Wars, and I'm not afraid to sit everything else out and call it a day. If Star Wars is reduced to the level that we all loath, I won't care.

The Robot Chicken thing only works in small doses. I think people are getting upset because Lucas seems to be Star Trekking his franchise. I will say this, I LOVE the Clone Wars series. All this will do is give more Star Wars to pick and choose from.

I love the Galactic Heroes designs, and I think a kid's TV show actually aimed mainly AT kids with those designs would be great!

Superhero Squad is cool, no reason to suppose SW wouldn't be.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back