1/250-1/260 TOS Enterprise

maucutt

Wanted to share my latest scratch build. About nine months ago I started this project wondering if I would ever finish. I built two of these one to keep and one to give away to the Trek museum in Riverside Iowa.
The saucer's are balsa and foam covered with fiberglass. The engineering section is plank on frame balsa and the engines are 2" cardboard mailing tubes cut to shape and coated with fiberglass. The decals I made on paint.
Overall I am pleased.
I wanted the interior lit as well but discovered cutting 1/4" window slots through 1/4 balsa and fiberglass was not going to work. However all nav beacons and sensor lights have LEDs.

Mike

www.mikesmodels.mysite.com

Awesome! Nice size for an E. :thumbsup

As a huge Trekkie though it does pain me to see the "ITC Machine" font used for the registration numbers... that's the font used on the old AMT model kits from the Seventies.

Impressive builds! :thumbsup

I recalled seeing the very early stages and had always wondered how you had progressed.

I know that I've been holding off on attempting a full scratch build out of fear that I'm not ready, so seeing you jump into the deep end (with two models at the same time no less) is quite inspirational.

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Thanks Phase and Shaw.
I agree about the font, it was the only TOS hull font I could find other than refit era. If anyone has better fonts I would love to re-do the hull numbers.

If anyone has better fonts I would love to re-do the hull numbers.
I noticed that you were using the Casimiro plan's in some of your images, so in addition to robn1's suggestion you might also want to try the Airbourne font's on Casimiro's site (here).

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back