1:1 "Freeborn" YODA (THE ULTIMATE GOAL) R.I.P STUART FREEBORN

Re: 1:1 "Freeborn" YODA (THE ULTIMATE GOAL) Puppet assembly stage!!!!

Holy crapola dude, i swear if that photo had a vintage effect to it you'd fool anyone into thinking that was the real puppet.

That right there is the best Yoda puppet replica around and that is a cast iron 100% fact. :thumbsup

Here you go.. one vintage effect picture :lol

yodaevilvint.jpg

You'd walk away?? :lol:lol:lol.... even if he was rubbing your face in it all the time like he is with me saying this is his creation!.

No friend of mine would stick up for such a man!
Yes Phil, I would walk away. If you feel I am slighting you by seeing both sides of this, then that is your cross to bear, not mine. I don't really tend to hold onto anger.

Here is an honest question for you. When is the last time you acknowledged his input on the three sculpts we know about?(Maul/Palpatine/Yoda) It seems like you BOTH are trying to distance yourself from your past involvement together.

Yes Phil, I would walk away. If you feel I am slighting you by seeing both sides of this, then that is your cross to bear, not mine. I don't really tend to hold onto anger.

Here is an honest question for you. When is the last time you acknowledged his input on the three sculpts we know about?(Maul/Palpatine/Yoda) It seems like you BOTH are trying to distance yourself from your past involvement together.

Oh now let me see.... Last month:rolleyes

MAUL CREATION thread

And by the way I was only involved with two sculpts with him (Maul and the Emperor)

Let the blind lead the blind :facepalm:facepalm

I stand corrected. See how easy that was to admit I was wrong?

Here is what I have to say on these sculpts...people who have these sculpts KNOW where they came from and know who was involved. How much contract work was done by sculptors on this very board that they will NEVER receive credit for? How many pieces are in Tussaud's where the sculptors will NEVER get their just due? Thousands?

You are ahead of the game.

Edit: What about the Yoda he has? Weren't you both involved in that?

I stand corrected. See how easy that was to admit I was wrong?

Here is what I have to say on these sculpts...people who have these sculpts KNOW where they came from and know who was involved. How much contract work was done by sculptors on this very board that they will NEVER receive credit for? How many pieces are in Tussaud's where the sculptors will NEVER get their just due? Thousands?

You are ahead of the game.

Edit: What about the Yoda he has? Weren't you both involved in that?

He gave me NO more advise on the V2 latex Yoda than anyone else... all edits and changes where decided on by ME.... The only thing he pushed on to be changed were the feet which again it was ME decided to rework. It was Maul and the Emperor where we both got our heads together seriously in a joint project.

All he needs to do to charm the waters is to change his website info and credit me by name and make appropriate alterations to some highly inaccurate details...

Holy crapola dude, i swear if that photo had a vintage effect to it you'd fool anyone into thinking that was the real puppet.

That right there is the best Yoda puppet replica around and that is a cast iron 100% fact. :thumbsup

I've seen better. My Illusive Yoda is much more accurate.

Okay stop laughing. I could not resist. BTW I still love my Illusive Yoda.

This is truly a masterpiece. Excellent work and congratulations.(y)thumbsup

You may well dislike me for my opinion on this, but the Maul and the Palpatine are your two best pieces. The V2 Yoda, (If that is the one Gino has finished) in my opinion, is your best Yoda, just based on how it looks when finished well.

Is this current one the fourth one you have done?

Brilliant work Phil,
I remember first reading about the great Yoda from Gino, I thought it was superb. I was very surprised how it wasn't actually sculped by him, don't worry everyone on the RPF now know you are the Yoda expert.
I have the V2, it is very nice, this new version is another level!

Wow, hard to believe this is a fan made sculpt. I love your updates bud. :thumbsup
The full Luke with this guy in the back pack is going to be pretty exciting to see take shape now.

David

You may well dislike me for my opinion on this, but the Maul and the Palpatine are your two best pieces. The V2 Yoda, (If that is the one Gino has finished) in my opinion, is your best Yoda, just based on how it looks when finished well.

Is this current one the fourth one you have done?

So into the real world...

There is a sarcastic edge to your opinion... and I'm sure you would swear black is white to make your friend feel better about his Yoda even though in truth I did at least 70% of the work on it and the creator always does a better job with his next piece :lol:lol:lol

Oh by the way... I think my 1:4 Superman and latest Yoda are my best - SO FAR

I think the majority will agree also that MY newer version is far superior to MY older version. I don't pretend to know anything about armor or props but rest assured I certainly know a lot more about YODA than you might think and alot more than your friend. ;)

So into the real world...

There is a sarcastic edge to your opinion... and I'm sure you would swear black is white to make your friend feel better about his Yoda even though in truth I did at least 70% of the work on it and the creator always does a better job with his next piece :lol:lol:lol

Oh by the way... I think my 1:4 Superman and latest Yoda are my best - SO FAR

I think the majority will agree also that MY newer version is far superior to MY older version. I don't pretend to know anything about armor or props but rest assured I certainly know a lot more about YODA than you might think and alot more than your friend. ;)
Phil, you are just spoiling for a fight where there is none. Nothing I have typed out here was done so with the slightest sarcasm attached. Again, you are bouncing around that 70% number, which totally leaves out the robes, the hair, the paint, the nails, the eyes, the teeth, the paint work...come on man.

I even said this Yoda you had to revise to bring it up to the killer standard it is now. THAT is why I asked if there were 4 versions. Hell, you've said it yourself. I am NOT knocking your work, but as to your full size pieces...those two, Palpatine and Maul, set the bar REALLY high and again, it is MY opinion alone, that you have yet to equal that work with the pieces you have shown...on a full size scale. You are capable of INSANELY realistic work, and I have praised, and will continue to heap praise upon it.

Of course people are going to hop on your wagon as they love bashing on Gino. This isn't about him as much as it about your statement of 70%. If 70% of the work in finishing a sculpt was what happened, I'd say most would be happy with that 70% and leave it alone there. You and I both know there is more to finishing a piece of art than that.

70% is probably an underestimate, ACTUALLY - I mean how could you possibly judge that it is or isn't, what I say??? Have you ever sculpted anything like this? :wacko... Without the sculpt there is absolutely nothing no-one has to show of any version..... By the way you said painted twice and I also sculpted the nails... So if we say by weight his Yoda is 80% mine - by time 95% mine so I think 70% is quite generous

Maybe you need to take a step back... which was a failing I had a few years ago when I always defended a so called friend but then soon realised the truth is ugly.

Phil, you are just spoiling for a fight where there is none. Nothing I have typed out here was done so with the slightest sarcasm attached. Again, you are bouncing around that 70% number, which totally leaves out the robes, the hair, the paint, the nails, the eyes, the teeth, the paint work...come on man.

I even said this Yoda you had to revise to bring it up to the killer standard it is now. THAT is why I asked if there were 4 versions. Hell, you've said it yourself. I am NOT knocking your work, but as to your full size pieces...those two, Palpatine and Maul, set the bar REALLY high and again, it is MY opinion alone, that you have yet to equal that work with the pieces you have shown...on a full size scale. You are capable of INSANELY realistic work, and I have praised, and will continue to heap praise upon it.

Of course people are going to hop on your wagon as they love bashing on Gino. This isn't about him as much as it about your statement of 70%. If 70% of the work in finishing a sculpt was what happened, I'd say most would be happy with that 70% and leave it alone there. You and I both know there is more to finishing a piece of art than that.

I remember Gino putting up threads on the Yoda and the Maul. It wasn't until much later that Phil was revealed to be the sculptor. To Gino's credit, he played art director in pouring over images and suggest features that need changes.

Gino has a reasonable eye for detail, but Gino trumped his art direction in such an over-magnified and over-emphasized way that it made you feel the actual sculptor was little more than a zombie under remote control.

Even so, people were still gushing over Gino, and little credit went to Phil. I can't fault Gino for that. People just got taken up by the celebrity image around Gino.

Studying two dimensional images is good. However, it doesn't take away from the fact that Gino's fingers never pressed into the clay in Phil's studio.

I for one am glad Phil is exceeding the collaborative work done with Gino. This sculpt is superior in every way. :thumbsup

There is nothing to step back away from, Phil. I've continually given you credit, but at one time were these sculpts not referred to as the Cyberman/Gino XXXX? It was a collaborative effort and right now, you are doing what you accuse him of doing...credit hoarding. That is my only deal. Believe me, I have defended you at times to him as well, but again, not knowing the details of what the falling out was, I REALLY have no dog in the fight.

I like you both and am not going to bash EITHER of you. You need to realize that. You BOTH were very integral in putting out those busts. He needed your hands, you needed his eyes. That's really all there is to it.

As far as exceeding, my only opinion is that some of the detailing is overdone. I've never handled the actual puppet, nor seen a mold of it. I doubt anyone here has. I'm going to guess, just by the visuals I have seen, that a lot of the wrinkles and age that Phil sculpted into this newest version were accomplished with the finish work and not so much the actual "wrinkling". I could be wrong, but it is my opinion.

Again, don't take what I am saying as a slam on your work, Phil, because it isn't. I could NOT sculpt like that (Strictly a 2D artist. I know my limitations) and you have skills that you SHOULD be very proud of. On the RPF, there are MAYBE three or four really kick a...sculptors and you are counted among them.

:behave:behave:behave
I'd rather listen to the views of Nick Maley, who actually worked on the original puppets than yours... Nick after all was responsible for the detailing of Yoda... and according to what hes been saying about my V3b version its pretty much spot on. He helped with some advise along the way aswell so You can keep on running this version down all you like but Nick is the man whom I listen to most on Yoda so your digs at my latest version will hence forth fall on deaf ears - the Old Yoda is past tense - get used to it!:facepalm

I dare anyone to compare MY V2 with MY V3b along side the screen shots and they will clearly see which is closest by far... Again you're digging yourself deeper into a hole with lots of ridiculous arguments and picking fights saying ur not taking sides.... have you ever once rained in on one of your friends threads and picked up on his ignorance of the facts.... No!!

MY old Yoda looks toylike this new one looks like an actual screen used prop.... I hate to say this but i think you've become a puppet yourself of your friend... I bet hes ringing you telling you what to say etc etc :lol

There is nothing to step back away from, Phil. I've continually given you credit, but at one time were these sculpts not referred to as the Cyberman/Gino XXXX? It was a collaborative effort and right now, you are doing what you accuse him of doing...credit hoarding. That is my only deal. Believe me, I have defended you at times to him as well, but again, not knowing the details of what the falling out was, I REALLY have no dog in the fight.

I like you both and am not going to bash EITHER of you. You need to realize that. You BOTH were very integral in putting out those busts. He needed your hands, you needed his eyes. That's really all there is to it.

As far as exceeding, my only opinion is that some of the detailing is overdone. I've never handled the actual puppet, nor seen a mold of it. I doubt anyone here has. I'm going to guess, just by the visuals I have seen, that a lot of the wrinkles and age that Phil sculpted into this newest version were accomplished with the finish work and not so much the actual "wrinkling". I could be wrong, but it is my opinion.

Again, don't take what I am saying as a slam on your work, Phil, because it isn't. I could NOT sculpt like that (Strictly a 2D artist. I know my limitations) and you have skills that you SHOULD be very proud of. On the RPF, there are MAYBE three or four really kick a...sculptors and you are counted among them.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back