1:1 "Freeborn" YODA (THE ULTIMATE GOAL) R.I.P STUART FREEBORN

Re: 1:1 ESB....YODA....(WIP New pics page 2)

If people here can make stuff like this why could they not replicate it for EP I rather than make him look like frog.

Coz a lot of people who work in the film industry are kind of influenced by the producers... i.e. George Lucas. However, the Creature crew can also kinda enthuse their own ideas upon the producers that this should look this way rather than properly studying and understanding the character properly. I can just imagine what the thought processes were on the TPM Yoda as they redesign Yoda...

"Ok he needsta be Younger but I think we can do a better job than Freeborn did in his day so lets put our own stamp on this guy... I mean we got much better materials now for Gods sake! I wonna see a much better more believable Yoda with more movements and great silicone transculent skin! I mean this is 1999 not 1979!!!"

Thats How I imagine the creature shops crew thought about approaching the TPM Yoda but they really ruined the look and it wasn't Yoda at all but a completely different creature altogether!

Not only was the sculpt wrong, but the way it was painted just made it worse. A completely different color - and in some scenes it looked like he had a mustache. Sure... some animals change colors during their life and gets paler with age, but come on... they just messed up. Not that I like the CGI Yoda any better - way too angry looking and a whole other shape and posture to his body.

All the Yodas that has been shown off here are better and more consistent to the OT version.

Coz a lot of people who work in the film industry are kind of influenced by the producers... i.e. George Lucas. However, the Creature crew can also kinda enthuse their own ideas upon the producers that this should look this way rather than properly studying and understanding the character properly. I can just imagine what the thought processes were on the TPM Yoda as they redesign Yoda...

"Ok he needsta be Younger but I think we can do a better job than Freeborn did in his day so lets put our own stamp on this guy... I mean we got much better materials now for Gods sake! I wonna see a much better more believable Yoda with more movements and great silicone transculent skin! I mean this is 1999 not 1979!!!"

Thats How I imagine the creature shops crew thought about approaching the TPM Yoda but they really ruined the look and it wasn't Yoda at all but a completely different creature altogether!

Yeah, I kinda agree. I'm not sure if the artists involved with creating the new versions for the PT 1)aren't that good, 2)just didn't care to really study the character, 3)wanted to infuse thier own vision or whatever, but they totally didn't get close with either Yoda or Chewbacca, of even Vader. Sure they somewhat resemble that species, but not the iconic characters they were.

If feels like back in the days of the OT creating stuff like Yoda was an art and now its a job.

You are doing an incredible job, thanks for sharing this with us. Cant wait to see it finished.

Thanks.... I've made huge steps today on the detailing and I'm really appreciating the genius and artisty of Stuart Freeborn. He put so much effort into his sculpt and its only right I pay homage to his brilliance.

This just gets better and better, looking fowrard to the next set of pics

Patience I must learn, for this sculpt I want.

Amazing work again, your patience has shown you the way to the light side of the Force.

Re: 1:1 ESB....YODA....(WIP New pics page 3)

Did a molding using a Urethine rubber compound that was sent to me by a friend to experiment with. I'll probably be making this in that sort of material but need to see what its like to paint first.:love

yodarubberfoot.jpg

Phil

Last edited:
Re: 1:1 ESB....YODA....(WIP New pics page 3)

Phil Great work I can't wait to see the finished sculpt.

Will it be offered?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back