Who you gonna call?... Again! GB Gun Buildup

Beeb89

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I recently got a GB Gun in trade and decided to strip it down and re-build it using some of the leftovers I had from building my pack 7 years ago. (Wow! Has it been that long!?!)

The first pic shows how it looked when I got it in. It's a resin gun with some metal add-ons, the large knob on the side is resin. I stripped it down and did some minor repair work before starting the re-paint. The "weld" on the gun handle had chipped of during shipping so I removed the rest of it and added my own "weld" via hot glue. A little trick I used when I originally built mine.
The Clippard is a resin cast I had left over from working on mine. I painted it and added my own label. I also replaced the original labels that were on the gun with custom ones I made and distressed. I also added the orange "cap" and light covers from my "left over" stash as well. Everything's been pinned as well so it's pretty darn durable!

While it can be lit, the "power bar" window has not been cut out. It can be done but it was more work than I wanted to put into it since I wasn't planning to keep it. LED's can be put into all of the lamp holders in the top front and "slo-blo" section. The barrel can also be lit but the tip doesn't extend, it's glued in place.

All in all, it was a fun little project to work on. However, being that I already have on of my own, I'll be offering this one up for sell. See my thread in the JY. :)

Thanks for looking!
-B89! :D

Last edited:
Very nice work, love me some GB goodness...

Beeb, I always mean to ask (and so sorry to veer OT) but is that Wolfman pic in your avatar your own sculpt? It looks great!

Very nice work, love me some GB goodness...

Beeb, I always mean to ask (and so sorry to veer OT) but is that Wolfman pic in your avatar your own sculpt? It looks great!

Thanks, guys!

I WISH I was the one responsible for that sculpt! It's actually done by Mike Hill. Seems he has the same affinity for COTW as myself. :)

Ah, Mike Hill is AMAZING. I wish I had that guys talent, he loves all the same genres I do. His work is totally inspiring and awesome.

Has he never been a member here?

Ah, Mike Hill is AMAZING. I wish I had that guys talent, he loves all the same genres I do. His work is totally inspiring and awesome.

Has he never been a member here?

I agree, I have one of his small COTW busts. I love it! The likeness is DEAD ON to the film!

He was for a member for a short time. I'm guessing he was too busy to keep posting, but it was nice to have him here while it lasted. :)

We are veering way off topic now, but did you see his recent Karloff being made up in Jack Pierce's chair silicone lifesize?

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!

No! Do you have the link, I'd love to check it out.

Oh, and.... I rebuilt this Ghostbusters gun... just to get us back on topic. ;)

"A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!" hits the nail on the head, buddy! Thanks for the link! He really is dynamite sculptor!

That looks fantastic. I've been hanging around the GB fans site for a while now, but have not gotten into the nuts and bolts of the gun and pack props just yet, but have been collecting various build parts. Can you tell me which gun version that is and how close to accurate you rebuilt the kit.

Not to waste your time, I know you said it doesn't have lights and the barrel is glued shut. Anything else you can tell me?

Thanks.

I'm not sure which gun kit it is. Since I got it in a trade I never bothered to ask the guy any details about it. As far as accuracy, the gun body size seems to be pretty close though when I rebuilt it I was going more for "looks" than I was having it be super accurate. No offense to the original owner but the original buildup was a little rough, I just cleaned it up and revamped it.

I'm not sure which gun kit it is. Since I got it in a trade I never bothered to ask the guy any details about it. As far as accuracy, the gun body size seems to be pretty close though when I rebuilt it I was going more for "looks" than I was having it be super accurate. No offense to the original owner but the original buildup was a little rough, I just cleaned it up and revamped it.

Ok, thanks for the info. The thrower looks great, so you definitely pulled that off. :)

Thanks buddy! Every house needs a unlicensed nuclear accelerator... you know, for those hard to get out stains. :lol If you ever get around to building one, be SURE and post the progress pics!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back