Caprica..What the Frak???

Caprica is about Building and resolving Tension. Unfortunately nowadays people want BANG-POW resolved in a 30 second soundbite, as opposed to waiting for things to take time and resolve themselves. Last night, the scene with the dog...Great tension, when she fired, my wife gasped.

I'm really enjoying the show. With the exception of young Adama, I really think the characters are interesting.

Zoe Graystone the bitchie fembot? HAWT! The actress is always in those futuristic tight fitting dresses...................and..............

I'll be in my bunk! <Check out her Maxim pixs>

Love Caprica by the way!

I'm two episodes behind, but so far I've been forcing myself to watch to give it a chance. It's tough.

I caught up on DVR yesterday. It's ooookay... not great but okay. Not something I'll go out of my way to catch on a regular basis though.

I have seen every episode thus far. I do have to DVR it though and
watch it the next day because if I try and sit through it on friday night,
it will put me to sleep.

I find the show very boring and slow moving. The who VR things is getting
old fast. I know the show is based off of it but its just slow and quite
uninteresting. I'll keep watching in hopes it goes somwehere but as of now,
it's very dull.

I also hear they're working on yet a third spin off series now. God, let it
be better than this one. I've been calling the show craprica because that
is about all it is so far.

The new V is the same way. Hours and hours of pure blandness..........

I gave it a shot and watched all but the last episode. I couldn't talk myself into investing anymore time into it. I believe I watched an I Love Lucy DVD instead.

Zoe Graystone the bitchie fembot? HAWT! The actress is always in those futuristic tight fitting dresses...................and..............

I'll be in my bunk! <Check out her Maxim pixs>

Love Caprica by the way!

Glad it's working for you, lol.

She looks just like my daughter, and I'm definitely in the age range to be this actress' father, so the sex appeal thing just isn't there at all for me in this series. I just keep thinking "my daughter with straight hair" as I watch.

I still can't figure the show out. It's drags... it's very poorly paced, sometimes it can be interesting and sometimes it can be boring. Oddly, it can be interesting and boring at the same time.

I'm hoping the show finds its legs and is able to live up to some of the promise. Something's gotta happen soon.

I really like the show. Seeing the Colonies in their prime is fascinating. Listened to the podcast for episode 7, and executive producer David Eick talks about how the show changed for the production during the course of making it. They hit episode 7, and decided to start making changes to the show as a whole.

Initially they thought & pitched Caprica to be a "bedroom & boardroom melodramatic soap opera...more low key." But realized that the show has much more working for it, and they weren't "flexing those muscles". They have since shifted the focus from more "obscure, charming, and soft....and pushed into a more suspense driven show." And this has "served as a springboard for what the show would become...with the larger stakes of Battlestar."

The complaints I heard so far all mention how the show is slow, and drags. It would seem that this was because the show-runners were shying away from their BSG mythos and method of storytelling, and trying to do something 'other' with Caprica. But they have to come to realize that to embrace what they have done before, and marry that to what they have now, is necessary for the program to continue going forward.

It's a real shame there's only one more episode left before it takes a break. It sounds like the show might have found a new pace for the last half of the season.

Last edited:
I tried watching this a few times, no interest other than the cylon is cool, too bad it's just a teenage brat. The whole Scifi channel has crapped out lately......and Blade Runner is boring, so is 2001, but they are still awesome movies. This is all the boring without the awesomeness.

One problem for me is that the whole world doesn't seem to be "alien" enough for me... they've got this amazingly advanced technology in some respects and then in others... not. They build VR worlds people can exist in but still use dry erase boards in their offices? hahahaha

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back