Hammer Horror Dracula Art - Already Made?

These were just two quick screen captures, but I can easily check the two movies this artwork appeared in for more capture possibilities. Not sure if there were ever any good clear front on shots showing the whole thing, but it's a piece of art I've been interested in for some time and wondered if anyone had made one or whether someone would be interested in attempting one.

For some reason I've switched over to sourcing stuff I can hang up on my walls. Got the Ghostbusters Gozer frieze, thinking about getting this one and need to find out who did the Raiders ark bible page, so I can get that too.

I was going to make this a while back when I did my AD1972 glass vial and clasp display.

Cool prop, great Hammer film. I'd love to see this done as a paper prop!:thumbsup

and need to find out who did the Raiders ark bible page, so I can get that too.
The one that surfaced recently?
I did the coloring over the original scan of the B&W engraving... I just can't remember at the moment who asked me to help him coloring and finishing it... I have to search in the OCEAN of emails I have...:ninja
(damn almost-short-term memory...:wacko)

These were just two quick screen captures, but I can easily check the two movies this artwork appeared in for more capture possibilities. Not sure if there were ever any good clear front on shots showing the whole thing, but it's a piece of art I've been interested in for some time and wondered if anyone had made one or whether someone would be interested in attempting one.

For some reason I've switched over to sourcing stuff I can hang up on my walls. Got the Ghostbusters Gozer frieze, thinking about getting this one and need to find out who did the Raiders ark bible page, so I can get that too.

I might be willing to have a go I have been a traditional print maker for over 15 years now and would work well with an old fashioned printing press, do you have a bigger image? please pm me if you do

I'll go through the two movies it appears in tonight to see if I can get better grabs, but the pictures are pretty much 1:1 to what size I can grab. Not the best.

Checked the movie tonight. The current grabs I've made are the best view of the art in the movie. The artwork in the next movie Satanic Rites is not the same piece - looks more like a reprint, likely not as detailed. They zoom in pretty tight, but it gives some detail of the face, but cannot guarantee it is exactly like the other... and the rest would then have to be guessed.

This is from the zoom in from Satanic Rites:

Last edited:
any idea of the scale of this the best size todo this would be a a4 sized print any bigger and there would be a few problems getting through the press

Checked the movie tonight. The current grabs I've made are the best view of the art in the movie. The artwork in the next movie Satanic Rites is not the same piece - looks more like a reprint, likely not as detailed. They zoom in pretty tight, but it gives some detail of the face, but cannot guarantee it is exactly like the other... and the rest would then have to be guessed.

This is from the zoom in from Satanic Rites:

I don't think A4 would be too off the mark, but the SU one may be a tad bigger.

Please keep me in the loop if you do get around to making a few, I would like one.

TMG, here's the little vial display I mentioned. It's found a home with another collector now, but it took me ages to track down the correct glass vial.

It's actually a victorian perfume bottle! I think the prop guys on the film scoured around a few antique shops until they found something which looked the part:

004yrz.jpg

You'll notice that the prince of darkness's ashes look suspiciously like cat litter...

just got started but the print shop is now closed for a couple of weeks so i will not be able to proof the plate till then,yep these a few bits wrong like the chin but we will see how it goes!

looks like a lino blockcut plate / or woodcut. It takes be back to my undergraduate in the printmaking classes . I still want to get that press we used. Still can use it today but not a call in my artwork.
Although i still use Lino blocks for pressing into Velvet.

just to let you guys know that this is still ongoing, my original plate was not that bad but the forehead was messed up I am currently in the process of making a new plate and i will post more as I progress, sorry

Hell yeah! I'd love to see someone do these. I'd love to have a nice .pdf of a scan of one. I love freaking out the guys at my local FedEx Office/Kinkos when I bring in "weird" stuff for them to print out for me. I think they enjoy seeing something different than the normal business forms and other office paperwork coming through their doors.

I redone the plate but with other stuff it kinda got put on the back burner I will be back in the studio next week and will pull off a test proof to show on here, probably the 31st quite apt

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back