Batman Begins/The Dark Knight linked belt project *NEW DIRECTION AND PICS PAGE 3*

Re: Batman Begins/The Dark Knight linked belt project

Awesome. All the greeblies, rangs, and whatnot all resin?
Yes sir... will include rangs with holder, capsules, and the boxes... all in resin.

Btw, here's a pic of the first casting of the new rang. As Kev mentioned earlier, I went back to add the bump, which I didn't realize was there until Kev pointed it out... it's very subtle after the on-screen ones. Now in the pic, it may seem kinda skewed but that's because I'm holding it at an angle to catch light/shadow and also took a macro shot of it - otherwise, it's a bit hard to see.

0052.jpg

Cheers! You, my friend, have a very impressive collection of Bat stuff :thumbsup (y)thumbsup

Why thank you :) I'm looking forward to seing how this belt will look once fully painted and completed !

Are the accessories going to have the attachment so they can move around on the belt?

The hero prop had magnets so things could slide around once attached, but there will be no magnets on this belt. They are very expensive and hard to get cut right, and end up being brittle anyway. I had a BA belt with real neodymium magnets and I had to repair half of them.

Actually I think the hero belt was metal and the accessories had the magnets in them.

I don't have a real update but thought you guys might want an explanation as to why things are taking longer than we hoped.

The links in the belt are comprised of 2 pieces they are designed to mate together. Each side sandwiches the pins that each link pivots on. Works much like the links on a metal wrist watch. But this leaves a seam line where each side meets. That means A LOT of putty and sanding if you want to hide those seams as there are lots of links.

In an effort to simplify the build for even the greenest of prop builders we are re-engineering the links so the seams are less noticeable and do not require extra work for the end user.

Ken is nothing short of a perfectionist and I believe this is the 3rd time he will be revisiting the links. Will all be worth it in the end though.

There is no rush, please do take as much time as you need to make these the definitive Nolan style Batman belts (y)love

Was real busy casting rangs today. Thought I'd show them off. So happy with how these turned out. Thanks to Ken for the great sculpt and big thanks to Clinton for all the help today. :up

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

This one shows a comparison with one of the small rangs from the DC Direct display.
IMG_2301.jpg

Awesome job !!! Do you plan to sell cast of these babies ??

I guess I could if there's enough interest. Keep an eye on the Junkyard. :thumbsup

I hope it will have enough interest, cause these pieces are very accurate. If you plan to make some cast, just count me in...

I love the subtleties you put into yours, especially the rounded beveled area and the way the edges are done.

Very impressive work. These are the kind of props I've seen and thought 'maybe one day, when I've done everything else I'm planning' so it's always good when someone takes the plunge on something I like as it spurs me one!

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I can't wait until you finish this belt, i've been waiting for someone to do a belt with this much detail. I've got a place of honor for it right next to my Henry Wayne collection. Will you be offering the belt with a couple of batarangs or should I go ahead and get some now?

Thanks fellas! :)

I can't wait until you finish this belt, i've been waiting for someone to do a belt with this much detail. I've got a place of honor for it right next to my Henry Wayne collection. Will you be offering the belt with a couple of batarangs or should I go ahead and get some now?

Rangs will not come with the belt.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back