Who ya gonna call? (Pic Heavy)

Tyger Cheex

No, not He-man!!!! :lol

Finally got all of the soft parts for my GB costume finished today with the arrival of my boots from the USA!

Have a gander and let me know what you think!

IMG_6180.jpg
IMG_6209.jpg
IMG_6168.jpg
IMG_6159.jpg
IMG_6190.jpg
IMG_6199.jpg
IMG_6201.jpg
IMG_6191.jpg
IMG_6197.jpg

(I want to make a few tweaks to the elbow pads, add the black patch to the elastic and spray them a little darker)

Well only time will tell if the third movie will ever get made from what I understand the screenplay has been rewritten .
Hope they do keep the costumes the same .

Looks great!

Two questions; what dye dd you use for the elbow pads? And how'd you attach your name tag? I got two custom name tags; one's my online handle like yourself, and the other is my actual surname. I was considering using velcro for quick swap outs.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Looks great!

Two questions; what dye dd you use for the elbow pads? And how'd you attach your name tag? I got two custom name tags; one's my online handle like yourself, and the other is my actual surname. I was considering using velcro for quick swap outs.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Hey Magnus,

I didn't "dye" the elbow pads, I actually stretched them out on two pieces of wood (with a "chock" between them to stretch out the elastic parts) then gave them a couple of light sprays of grey primer paint from a can. I was a bit sceptical about doing this but it worked great!

And yeah, velcro is your friend, it's exactly what I used. The flight suit already had one half of the velcro on it so I bought a length of black the same width as the patch, stitched it on and now I can swap them whenever I want!

Thanks for everybody's comments, the positive feedback means a lot coming from the RPF members!

Very nice! I have a Nomex suit and the white belt, but need everything else. Where did you get the elbow pads, key fobs and what type of boots?

The belt isnt white, it's Khaki.

The elbow pads are TCS Century Judo knee-pads cut down and sprayed grey (the material doesn't dye very well, which is why I sprayed them)

The key-fobs were tricky, nowhere was offering them as "screen accurate" as I wanted so I decided to make my own, but the only way to do it was to buy loads more than I needed so I sold the rest on here and on GBFans. Here's the link, but sadly they are all sold out now and I dont plan on making any more!

The boots are Condor side zipper paratrooper boots from copshoes.com (ref 902)

The belt isnt white, it's Khaki.

The elbow pads are TCS Century Judo knee-pads cut down and sprayed grey (the material doesn't dye very well, which is why I sprayed them)

The key-fobs were tricky, nowhere was offering them as "screen accurate" as I wanted so I decided to make my own, but the only way to do it was to buy loads more than I needed so I sold the rest on here and on GBFans. Here's the link, but sadly they are all sold out now and I dont plan on making any more!

The boots are Condor side zipper paratrooper boots from copshoes.com (ref 902)

Thanks for all the info.

I just got my name patch and no ghost patch and will get them sewn on tomorrow. I am also painting my elbow pads.

I would show my kit, but I have trouble posting pics.

Anyway, Cheex, your suit looks good.

Cheers

Sebastian

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back