OT Chewbacca WIP - sculpt

steveo

Sr Member
Here's my attempt so far of the OT Chewbacca. Any suggestions are welcome. This is still a work in progress and before I finish him off with details and sharpening, I thought I would get some input. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Looks great! Seems like a crazy surge in Chewie building lately!

Thanks. Mine will just be a display piece, not a costume or even a mechanical wearable piece.

Also, if anyone has reference material that they'd be willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Welcome. Sadly, that's about all I have of the furry creature, except an old photograph I was given by someone who said his uncle worked in the production. But it's a common known picture, but I was still stoked to get it as a photograph at the time.

Proportions are looking great Steveo, nice deep muzzle!

Hope u don't mind if I say that the top lip seems a tad wide (from nose to mouth), just a tad but otherwise great job so far.

Proportions are looking great Steveo, nice deep muzzle!

Hope u don't mind if I say that the top lip seems a tad wide (from nose to mouth), just a tad but otherwise great job so far.

Thank you. I don't mind at all, that's the kind of observations I'm looking for.

yeah, I would agree that the mouth is just a little too far from the nose. I also think the forhead needs to be a little taller...but perhaps that's just me. Looks great though!

yeah, I would agree that the mouth is just a little too far from the nose. I also think the forhead needs to be a little taller...but perhaps that's just me. Looks great though!

Thanks TMG and PL. I did work on the mouth this morning and made it further up, and I agree that the forehead needs to be a little taller, but not by much. A lot of that should be hair.

Still looking for some reference material if it's out there. I didn't post any new pics because i reworked a lot of the nose/mouth area and didn't get it nearly finished enough for new pics.

Made a lot of progress that I'm happy with. I just have to detail the nose and I should be finished. Pics should follow when the nose is finished.

Ok, I think I'm finished. Not 100% accurate, but would it ever be? Anyway, I'm happy with it.

Last edited:
Re: OT Chewbacca WIP - sculpt - New Pics added 3/13

Looking much better. To me it seems like you should bulge up the nose a bit more, make it a bit rounder and give it a ridge/slope to separate it from the bridge of the nose. Otherwise, the hair you put on the face and ridge of the nose will extend out over the tip of the nose and that would look wrong. It's not much you should add and I like what you've done so far.

Re: OT Chewbacca WIP - sculpt - New Pics added 3/13

Looking much better. To me it seems like you should bulge up the nose a bit more, make it a bit rounder and give it a ridge/slope to separate it from the bridge of the nose. Otherwise, the hair you put on the face and ridge of the nose will extend out over the tip of the nose and that would look wrong. It's not much you should add and I like what you've done so far.
Thanks, TMG. I will check that out.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back