Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

I bought my Obi from a member here (name escapes me atm, sorry) a few years ago. It's a "J & E", & that's really all I can tell you about it. Maybe someone else here would have more info. Anyway, here's how I received it:

jeobinew.jpg

After owning it for a few years, I decided to weather it to match (as close as I could get it) the "Tunisia" saber, & here's what I ended up with:

jeobi.jpg

Nice weathering job

If I remember right J&E are husband and wife? Janice (Indiana Janice?)
I remember they cleared out a bunch of leftover parts when they stopped making sabers, around the time MR started up.

Does the windvane have a spiral looking lazer cut insert in it? I remember that one from way back.

Nice weathering job

If I remember right J&E are husband and wife? Janice (Indiana Janice?)
I remember they cleared out a bunch of leftover parts when they stopped making sabers, around the time MR started up.

Does the windvane have a spiral looking lazer cut insert in it? I remember that one from way back.
Thanks & yeah, that's just about exactly how I'd describe the inside of the windvane. :cool

I bought my Obi from a member here (name escapes me atm, sorry) a few years ago. It's a "J & E" ...After owning it for a few years, I decided to weather it to match (as close as I could get it) the "Tunisia" saber...

Not that the weathering job isn't top notch, but I think I'd have some reservations about marring an otherwise fine saber. Unless I had an extra one kicking around, that is.

Not that the weathering job isn't top notch, but I think I'd have some reservations about marring an otherwise fine saber. Unless I had an extra one kicking around, that is.
Oh I had reservations. When I originally bought it, my intention was to IMMEDIATELY begin modification/weathering. But when I saw how nice it was, I decided to leave it in pristine condition.

I left it alone for 2 - 3 years, at which point I decided that I wanted something more screen-accurate. And since that's why I originally bought it...

*shrugs*

Oh I had reservations. When I originally bought it, my intention was to IMMEDIATELY begin modification/weathering. But when I saw how nice it was, I decided to leave it in pristine condition.

I left it alone for 2 - 3 years, at which point I decided that I wanted something more screen-accurate. And since that's why I originally bought it...

*shrugs*

Looks way better in my estimation.

Dan

I used to have reservations about weathering too... But I got better :lol

Just kidding- I completely understand why somebody would not want to weather a prop, although I'm in the 'Beat everything up!' camp myself :love

My baby, my real parts Obi ANH saber:

1_obi006_copy-vi.jpg

1_obi022_copy-vi.jpg

1_obi033_copy-vi.jpg

The rest of the family with my real parts saber before it got some of the newer parts added:

obiall002-vi.jpg

allobi001-vi.jpg

And I have an MR Obi as well:

MROBI002-vi.jpg

My old Parks I bought back in 2003, the first Saber I ever owned:

parksobi011-vi.jpg

I also have 2 of the 'new' Parks Obi's, and enough Roman and resin parts to make 3-4 more ANH Obi sabers.

:love :love :love

Seeing that real-parts Obi is what made me join the RPF, James Kenobi.....*sniff*...Still stirs my feelings to look at it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to check that out.

Guess I would just like to build an idealized AFBB version of the OKK ANH saber for starters. Not sure if I'll ever get around to weathering it like I see many of you guys have done.

Just not something I want to do at this point in time, getting all these brand new, crisp (and pricey!) components for the first time. Then again, who knows how I feel about it in a few years? :)

Here's one that I put together a while back. My version of the AFBB

Looking at some recent OWK ANH threads I found Parks website and there it was ... a picture of
the exact same Booster Gear. Since I was upgrading my OWK ANH yesterday with a real Graflex
Clamp I noticed the resemblance. Here's the picture which I found today.

ParksBoosterGear.jpg~original

So I guess my very first OWK ANH Lightsaber was a Parks afterall.

-Chaim

Last edited:
Weathering is my saviour. It's a great cover for my lousy craftsmanship! "No, really... It's supposed to look like a piece of crap."

I'm with you, man. It's such a relief when whatever I'm working on is already supposed to be beat up and crappy. :lol

I briefly had an MR Obi-wan, which I miss.

The MR Obiwan ANH is a very well done, a great lightsaber, for this one you don't need to be talented at all
for a custom self made, you need patience to find and get every parts and a little bit talented to make the weathering and make the parts' adjustment
good luck in your quest

Here is my Obi ANH AFB...hilt by me and install by Lord Dottre Matto

IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7060.jpg

MHS parts from the Custom Saber Shop
Krylon black paint with baked clearcoat
Cyan LED
MR Luke ANH sound
Bubble strip activation
TO-99 and TO-05 Transistors
Flashing crystal pommel

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back