Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

Here is my MKIII Conversion.

102_3719.jpg

Well, the thread hasn't taken the direction I'd intended, but interesting stuff nonetheless. I was hoping to see (or hear about) some of the pre-MR stuff.

Which came first, by the way, the licensed piece from Icons, or some of the parts runs? Now that we know "everything", the saber doesn't seem nearly as interesting as when there was still a bit of speculation as to the nature of the parts.

Either way, keep it coming. It's always cool to see other's interpretations of the ol' Obi ANH.

No disrespect or anything, but what on earth is that black plastic-looking thing doing where the copper/brass stem should be?

I mean, the rest of the saber seems pretty accurate so I was just wondering why the rest is not more so..

Here is my Obi ANH AFB...hilt by me and install by Lord Dottre Matto

IMG_7054.jpg

MHS parts from the Custom Saber Shop
Krylon black paint with baked clearcoat
Cyan LED
MR Luke ANH sound
Bubble strip activation
TO-99 and TO-05 Transistors
Flashing crystal pommel

@tsagabbar: No offense taken. It is based off of the "As First Built" Obi-Wan that both MR and Icons did a few years back.

icons-obiwan1.jpg

And it's not plastic...all aluminum parts from The Custom Saber Shop. :thumbsup

@slothfurnace: About time you posted that nice Obi! (y)thumbsup

@tsagabbar: No offense taken. It is based off of the "As First Built" Obi-Wan that both MR and Icons did a few years back.

icons-obiwan1.jpg

And it's not plastic...all aluminum parts from The Custom Saber Shop. :thumbsup

@slothfurnace: About time you posted that nice Obi! (y)thumbsup

I think he means all the extra black area. It looks like you have a double emitter.

I think he means all the extra black area. It looks like you have a double emitter.

It's the old "thick neck syndrome". Although, it does look particularly odd because it's thin on one side of the windvane and fat on the other. If it were consistently fat, it might look "better" (like the MR/Hasbro Obi ROTS FX).

Keep in mind folks that the parts from The Custom Saber shop are made to accommodate a 1" blade. Because of this, it won't be 100% screen accurate. I understand the mindset here is different from that of a saber website as 100% screen accuracy is the norm...just keep in mind that there are other "certain points of view" out there regarding prop replicas. After all, we are in this hobby for the same reason, right?

Now let's see some more Obi's!

Ok, you wanted to see some Pre MR sabers...
I have them for you...several of them I don't have anymore though...but I got good pictures ;)

Top to bottom.

This is an EL which I believe to be a parks...I modified it , moved the on switch from the gear (ouch) to a transistor.
Weathered it with aluminum black.
Modded the emitter.

Next is the famous "Star Wars Grenade by John S. (I seem to remember)
With a Chen Granade , real clamp,Obi1Kenny washers, real transistors, Romans gear, Real modern handwheel.

Next is my Real grenade, Gavidoc Emitter, Real clamp, transistors, Obi1Kenny washers, homemade gear and unknown pommel...

06cc.jpg

3obis02cc.jpg

Same as before but with Gavidoc Emitter AND Pommel on the bottom one.
p1010001rs.jpg

All real parts except the gear...With incorrect, though real, balance pipe.
realparts02post.jpg

All real parts except the gear...With incorrect, though real, balance pipe.
realparts02post.jpg

I wouldn't trust that dog, the way he's eyein' your saber. When you're not paying attention he's gonna put it on E-bay. That, or bury it in the back yard for more weathering.

That's a dangerous thing to do... If you have the pommel, you're just gonna want to build another saber to attach to it.

This is true, but I also have 3 extra boosters, one extra emitter, 1 extra clamp and a grenade.

The only thing I don't have is the windvane.

This is true, but I also have 3 extra boosters, one extra emitter, 1 extra clamp and a grenade.

The only thing I don't have is the windvane.

Then it's already too late...

Not picking on you specifically, becasue I've seen others refer to it the same way. Why is the frag body/forward grip often refered to as the "grenade" and the stem/neck/windvane is mentioned separately? It seems to me all the components together are the grenade, while any one part would not be refered to as such. But that's just what I think.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back