Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

This is all I have so far

ObiANHsaberParts_zps1303fced.jpg

I imagine its going to take me a while, but eventually I'll have an all real parts Obi ANH lightsaber.

this is my first prop that i build

obib.jpg

100% made from scrap. the grafflex clamp is made from a tin can.
the grenade handle is made from a PVC pipe. the groves are done with a file.
the gear is made from a PVC pipe with all the gears glued on by hand.
well...you understand everything is scrapbuild.

it's still one of my favorites
could you share how you constructed the neck and attached it to the grenade and emitter? That's the last part on mine and I've been tinkering for months with little to show :lol

Hi there,

Looking for this pic,but complete:

samepl10.jpg

And looking for the 2 other pics but as large as possible,whenever someone would have them,or a link,would be great!

I guess I see something that reflects light inside the clamp from the transistor side... around to the middle of the picture, than dark space on the bottom. (inside the clamp)

edit:assuming the dark grenade ends and that lighter space is something the grenade is set against.

YESSS!!!! Finally I have just scored a minty fresh, straight out of the original box Balance pipe!
Which means this baby is now fully authentic:
OBI.jpg

I will try and get some pictures up of it in this state, but straight out of the box it is covered in what I can only think is a red wax like coating, something that must be on it to save the surfaces from becoming scratched or damaged in some way is all I can think.

Just need to put it all together :)

HOLY ****** !!!
Where did you find it and how much did you end up paying if I may ask?!

Congratulations :thumbsup

Markus

Congrats on finding the BP, Marv! I'm also terribly jealous, it's the only part I have left to acquire...

To say I totally lucked out is the mother of understatements.
I was offered a box load of Rolls Royce parts (about the size of the display case for the MR E-11), mostly washers and hoses (there are literally boxes with washers in their 100's) and this was hidden away in there. It going to take me a while to check every thing in it. I'm hoping I may find something useful which will help me put it all together, and there is that amazing tutorial by ALT Kenobi (http://www.therpf.com/f9/constructing-anh-owk-using-original-parts-13994/)

As to price well that really is like asking a lady her age ;)

I love stories like that; it's almost like what I presume happened when the prop was first assembled... luckily finding something out of a box that works. Congrats again!

Yeah sure, I'm going to speak to my partners brother about best way to clean it up (he is an aircraft engineer) as soon as I'm done I'll do so.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back