First Ever Official RPF Group Build - IT HAS BEGUN...

I'm always happy to participate, is there an unloved model everyone is avoiding. Do we just photograph the model or do they get together at some stage, I'm sure the details are in one of these posts, just haven't found it yet.

Just reread the dates, seems like the rocket left without me..............sigh

Don't worry LRL, the rocket is in geo-stationary orbit, so feel free to join in.

As for what to build, any ship/vehicle/prototype that was/is part of the NACA/NASA program, is fine. And based on the participation level in this thread, most ships seem to be unloved, with the exception of the X-15 and X-1.

So, find a "real world" space craft (or vehicle involved in the space program) and build. Just post pictures along the way and of when it's complete :cool.

Happy building.

-Fred

Ok , so back into the real space for a bit while I wait for some BIG model parts to come in. I'm working on my real space display wall. So I have the 1/72 Apollo 11 . Can't really call it a build as it was ready built. But it inspired me to go balls out to get the display finished. So I'm building the 1/72 mercury redstone, the 1/12? Liberty bell as well as 4 shuttles.... Discovery, Atlantis, endeavor and a challenger with boosters all 1/72. Also have the 1/96 Saturn v with the card model LUT and tractor. This will be Apollo 13. Together with TIME , LIFE and National Geographic original magazines from Gemeni to today relating the space missions and my NASA Medals and flight wings. So starting next week, it's real space modeling till it's all done.

Simon.

Looking forward to the builds, Simon :cool.

I'd love to see the build progress of the cardstock LUT. I have the launchpad for my shuttle, but it's still sitting in my closet, patiently waiting for me to get the nerve to start it :lol. It's just so damn daunting.

-Fred

Yeah I hear ya man. I probably should have started with that one. Whe whole LUT and tractor are going to take forever me thinks. For this reason I'm starting on this first and I will build the others in between. I think if I just sat there cutting and folding card on this scale it would drive me nuts. Funny though. Just after I bought mine for the 1/96. He released the same for the new Dragon 1/72. Wish I had just waited for that one but hey... Who knew?

Re: First Ever Official RPF Group Build Sign-Up Thread - all experience levels wanted

Going to super-detail the Atomic City 1/12 scale Mercury capsule. Not a challenging build out of the box but I'd like to spend time filling the interior with accurate cable harnesses and other detail. Will build it up as John Glenn's Friendship 7.

And when I'm finished with it, I might just get me a 7 foot length of 6" sonotube and build my capsule a Redstone launch vehicle.

It will take awhile. Good Luck

Dan

Hey guys, here's a link to my new blog where I talk about a simple Lunar Module model I built last summer. It was a $10 1:100 Revell kit that I picked up on a whim one day. The post is light on pictures, but I'm happy with the results :)
Grumman Lunar Module

Hope you guys like it too :)

*edit* I should note that I'm relatively new to model making. Love it though!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back