Goonies Soundtrack Score (Dave Grusin) Finally Released

Pitbull

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I been waiting for this soundtrack all my life and it's finally here :love.

This is real AND limited. Get it soon... because it WILL be gone. First time they've actually released a 5000 edition for any title. Crazy.

Enjoy fellow Goonies!!!

gooniescompletescore25a.jpg

Music Composed and Conducted by Dave Grusin

Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the much-loved, Richard Donner-directed, film The Goonies, as well as composer Dave Grusin's 75th birthday, the Varèse Sarabande CD Club is thrilled to offer this very special film music premiere release.

Featuring Grusin's complete swashbuckling score, plus a few bonus cues, the over 79-minute CD should give all Goonies fans everything they have hoped for! Jazz icon Dave Grusin is one of the great legends of film music, having composed such classic scores as On Golden Pond, Tootsie, The Fabulous Baker Boys, The Firm, And Justice For All and Absence of Malice. Grusin also won and Academy Award for The Milagro Beanfield War.

From the imagination of Steven Spielberg, The Goonies plunges a band of small heroes into a swashbuckling, surprise-around-every-corner quest beyond their wildest dreams! Following a mysterious treasure map into a spectacular underground realm of twisting passages, outrageous booby-traps and a long-lost pirate ship full of golden doubloons, the kids race to stay one step ahead of a family of bumbling bad guys...and a mild-mannered monster with a face only a mother could love. A family adventure classic from start to buccaneering finish, he Goonies is a cinematic treasure trove of breathtaking action, dazzling effects and shiver-yer-timbers thrills!

1. Fratelli Chase (2:49)
2. Map and Willie (2:16)
3. The Goondocks (Goonies Theme) (2:04)
4. Doubloon (1:47)
5. Lighthouse (1:19)
6. Cellar and Sloth (1:41)
7. Restaurant Trash :)55)
8. The "It," Fifty Dollar Bills and a Stiff (4:36)
9. It All Starts Here (1:30)
10. Plumbing (1:25)
11. Skull and Signature (3:25)
12. Boulders, Bats and a Blender (2:33)
13. Wishing Well and the Fratellis Find Coin (2:49)
14. Mikey’s Vision (1:52)
15. Oath and Bobby Traps (1:06)
16. Triple Stones and a Ball (2:11)
17. Pee Break and Kissing Tunnel (2:06)
18. They’re Here and Skull Cave Chase (3:03)
19. Playing the Bones (4:19)
20. Water Slide and Galleon (1:38) 21. Octopus (1:02)
22. The Inferno (1:14)
23. One Eyed Willie (3:05)
24. Treasure, Data & Mouth, and Walk the Plank (3:18)
25. Sloth & Chunk (1:58)
26. Mama & Sloth (1:58)
27. The Fighting Fratellis, Sloth's Choice and Ultimate Booby Trap (3:24)
28. The Reunion and Fratellis on Beach (3:39)
29. No Firme and Pirate Ship (2:42)
30. End Titles (Goonies Theme) (3:06)

Bonus Tracks:

31. Fratelli Chase (original version) (3:35)
32. Triple Stones and a Ball (original version) (1:54)
33. They're Here and Skull Cave Chase (original version) (1:55)
34. Octopus (original version) (1:03)

order here and be sure to listen to the samples at the bottom of the page...

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=VCL-0310-1104&mscssid=F98MS9L6U9HM9J853N3EQS2NLMSC5MNE

Last edited:
Very cool! This is a great score, always got stuck in my head growing up. Does it include the brief Williams Superman bit during Sloth's ship fight?

Is this the same place that released the BTTF score? I can't understand why these haven't been in wide release since the 80's!

no the bttf score was released by INTRADA.They seem to be doing special limited releases for there 25th anniversary Celebration.

Curse you Mike, just when I was saving for an Indy hat you pull me back and show me this. :lol

I very much doubt this will pop on itunes (at least quickly if at all), so looks like my goonies obsession will make me cave.

A limited release is stupid. Now they'll complain when people that didn't get one go and try to find bootlegs.

Limited because there a limited amount of people that will actually buy it. Very smart just for an anniversary, because all of the X-ers or whatever that generation is will be wanting it. I don't think i have thought " Whatever happened to the Goonies" soundtrack...It was a good movie the two times I watched it but not soundtrack worthy

It is limited because Hollywood studio musicians get paid what are called re-use fees. The players in the orchestra have to get their cut, making CD releases of some classic scores difficult for great record labels like Varese, FSM, and Intrada. The way the laws and contracts work is that the re-use fees are scaled back if the edition size falls below a certain number. Therefore, the record label cannot take a risk of paying re-use fees for an unlimited pressing, at the risk of not selling many copies.

To be perfectly honest, 5000 is quite generous. It is usually 3000, or in some cases only 1000. This release was tied up over legal rights for years and years, so we should be thanking Varese for pulling it off. Either way, if you want to legitmately own this score, don't wait.

I'll be ordering this evening, soon as I hear what Intrada is releasing this week.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back