Iron Man stuff from propworx

I'm sure the book is well worth the price of $39,95.
But Propworx charges a cost of $50,00 for shipping to Europe.
Come on Propworx. It's only a book.
Not the crown jewels.

Sorry, but shipping to Europe is very expensive. There is no longer surface mail, and everything has to go by air. That is not cheap. And we don't make money on the shipping. We also have to pack the box very well since the book is a collectible itself, and so we don't throw the book in a small box.

Then again, if you are going to FedCon you can buy one there.

Alec

Ok I can't access propworx at work for some reason. I can't remember if the Iron Man auctions are going to have an online aspect like the BSG auctions did or if it's only live in Chicago. Can someone refresh my memory?

Nevermind. Ironically I just got an email about this very topic.

Last edited:
just looked through the stuff up for auction this weekend. There are a couple nice pieces I may bid on but overall I was very underwhelmed. I guess with the awesomeness of the BSG auctions I had my hopes too high. Hopefully there will be some really nice eBay auctions. Though I'm sure the main reason for the lack of really awesome pieces is the studio not releasing them.

just looked through the stuff up for auction this weekend. There are a couple nice pieces I may bid on but overall I was very underwhelmed. I guess with the awesomeness of the BSG auctions I had my hopes too high. Hopefully there will be some really nice eBay auctions. Though I'm sure the main reason for the lack of really awesome pieces is the studio not releasing them.

Two main reasons why.

1) We were brought in over a year AFTER the movie wrapped. We had no chance to work with the production team, as we did with BSG. So there wasn't a ton of great stuff. A good amount, yes, but not a great amount.

2) Marvel pulled about 20 of the better items for the Disney Archives after we had the catalog mostly done.

So I think there is some very good stuff but we also have 1/5 the items of one BSG catalog! And the good news is I think there will be some great deals.

Alec

I know they have the Security, Visitor, and Press badges. Also Pepper's folder from her first scene. I don't have the book, so I can't scan anything, but I'd love to see photos of those (especially the badges).

Check out the auction listing on the site - some nice photos of all of the badges they are offering. So tempted to buy a hero badge...

How does the liveauctioneers thing work? If you enter the amount of $500 will it immediately bid the $500 or does it increase the bids like ebay's bidding agent?

Two main reasons why.

1) We were brought in over a year AFTER the movie wrapped. We had no chance to work with the production team, as we did with BSG. So there wasn't a ton of great stuff. A good amount, yes, but not a great amount.

2) Marvel pulled about 20 of the better items for the Disney Archives after we had the catalog mostly done.

So I think there is some very good stuff but we also have 1/5 the items of one BSG catalog! And the good news is I think there will be some great deals.

Alec

Very good points. And I really hope you are right about the good deals. :) I wouldn't mind owning some stuff. Curious, how many items will be hitting ebay in the coming weeks? I know there are 219 lots for the auction on Sunday, any idea on how many lots will be left for eBay?

Very good points. And I really hope you are right about the good deals. :) I wouldn't mind owning some stuff. Curious, how many items will be hitting ebay in the coming weeks? I know there are 219 lots for the auction on Sunday, any idea on how many lots will be left for eBay?

Right now there are only a few items left, and we haven't planned how those will be sold. The auction is most everything!

Alec

So, I'm registered with live auctioneers. Here's the question, though: Will there be live online bidding, during the actual auction, competing directly against bidders in-house? Or just advance absentee bidding? I never place absentee bids for auctions like this, so if liveauctioneers bidding isn't truly live, I probably won't be participating. Which would be too bad, as I am seriously interested in that Mk II arc reactor.

How about phone bidding?

Randy

So, I'm registered with live auctioneers. Here's the question, though: Will there be live online bidding, during the actual auction, competing directly against bidders in-house? Or just advance absentee bidding? I never place absentee bids for auctions like this, so if liveauctioneers bidding isn't truly live, I probably won't be participating. Which would be too bad, as I am seriously interested in that Mk II arc reactor.

How about phone bidding?

Randy

Randy:

Our site and the LiveAuctioneer site have all the info on this. Yes, the bidding is live as well as in advance (like eBay). Did you see the iPhone App for live bidding?

Alec

I was just looking at the liveauctions site. I do not like their setup. I cannot figure out how to sort the items by lot number. Since I assume that is the order in which they will be auctioned on Sunday. Am I missing something?

Randy:

Our site and the LiveAuctioneer site have all the info on this. Yes, the bidding is live as well as in advance (like eBay).

Thanks for the reply, Alec. I had gotten this impression from the website as well. But then I got an email earlier today from Propworx, which quite notably did not include mention of live online bidding. Here is an unmodified excerpt:

For those wanting to bid online, you will be able to:

• View exclusive, high-quality photos of the items being auctioned!
  • Review the technical and production descriptions of the items being auctioned!
  • Place bids online before Sunday (just like eBay!); even from your iPhone, Blackberry or Android!
  • Order your copy of the exclusive Iron Man™ Auction Catalog!

The emphasis on 'before' (and no mention of 'on' or 'during') concerned me. That's why I requested confirmation here. I don't mean to spoil the soup - If the system works as advertised, I'll be bidding Sunday morning. I've used online live auction software before - sometimes it works great, sometimes it's unreliable. That's why I mostly do phone bidding now (for my other collecting interests), when it's an option and when I can't be there in person, which is most of the time.

Did you see the iPhone App for live bidding?

Yes. I downloaded it and launched it a few days ago. It wasn't immediately clear that live bidding would be an option with it. I'll try it out Sunday as well!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole LiveAuctioneer system (even the name) is about live online bidding. They are used buy lots of auction houses, and even Profiles in History (who switched to iCollector and then back to LiveAuctioneer).

The biggest question we have gotten over and over has been can people bid BEFORE the auction on the system.

All you need go to get questions answered is look at their HELP section. They address it clearly.

Placing an Absentee (proxy) bid

Live online bidding

And it is a quite reliable system and the biggest live online system out there.

Alec

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back