The Greatest American Hero DVD

Funny to think William Katt was up for the role of Luke Skywalker. That would have been a disaster. He's a good actor, but no Luke.

Loved his performance in 'Carrie'.

Funny to think William Katt was up for the role of Luke Skywalker. That would have been a disaster. .

Correction - he was up for Luke and Han Solo and would have played either perfectly. Take anyone from the SW universe - Lando, Yoda, Jar Jar, Yackface, Jabba Dancer or Gonk - Wlliam Katt would have taken a role and make it his own.=.,;)

True, but the humidity on Dagoba would have turned his '70s fro into a Superfly-Ultradolomite-Mega-Fro of epic proportions.

When Yoda was riding around in the backback during training, he would not have even been able to see or hear Luke behind all that hair.

In all seriousness, I have always liked William Katt. I was always dissapointed he didn't have more high profile roles in his career. He is an excellent actor.

True, but the humidity on Dagoba would have turned his '70s fro into a Superfly-Ultradolomite-Mega-Fro of epic proportions.

You just conjured the coolest mental image I've ever held concerning Star Wars. Needle drop some isacc Hayes during the training sequence and even if the force is not with us - the FUNK will be.

Too true about Katt - but he did do House - we'll always have that.

GAH.jpg

Pretty sure that's William Katt-

Here's a more recent pic of him:

williamkatt.jpg

I used to love that show! Bought myself the uber boxset (with repo instruction book) when it was released a few years back.

I was super disappointed it didn't have the original music scores- such as the Joey Scarbury cover of "Eve of Destruction". :(

Kevin

I know William katt has talked about how much he hated wearing the costume.
I'm glad he's able to put it back on for a laugh.

Wolf

Ha! When bill did this I offered him the use of the original costume and then he told me they would be shoving a harness through it and i said forget it. Jeez that one they stuck him in looks terrible.

I know William katt has talked about how much he hated wearing the costume.
I'm glad he's able to put it back on for a laugh.

Wolf

He's got some great stories on how he was offered a boatload of money to come back and do the series again but he turned it down "I wish i could go back and kick myself". The struggle with what he'll be remembered for is over and he knows it. He's got some great stories of the goings on behind the scenes and how he went from being a teen heart throb with young girls after him (thanks to Carrie) to having little kids come up to him asking him to fly.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back