If yoda had....

tgreco

Sr Member
If yoda had.... just left Luke's x-wing in the swamp til he could get it out himself... Luke would have been a fully trained Jedi Knight when he left, and we could have avoided the whole Return of the Jedi thing....

Or maybe Yoda knew exactly how it would turn out and did it just so it would end the way it did, with the death of the Emperor.

Clairvoyance is not a Jeditrick they can rely on ;)

If yoda had.... just left Luke's x-wing in the swamp til he could get it out himself... Luke would have been a fully trained Jedi Knight when he left, and we could have avoided the whole Return of the Jedi thing....

Luke needed a serious kick to believe the Force could do just about anything... as he was about to give up. If Yoda had just left it, Luke would have just moved to the other side of Dagobah and avoided the little stinker.

Except it allowed them to find Anakin who would eventually bring balance to the Force.

so you're saying that Anakin was an unwitting pawn in Yoda's revenge scheme against Palpatine?

and all that dying and suffering was just for Yoda's own ends?

why didn't Yoda just go do the job himself

I could never figure why Luke was able to lift the ship six feet and then gave up. You would think that would have given him the confidence to finish the job.

Yoda should have lifted the X-Wing then dropped right back in the swamp.

"When the ship, you can remove from the mud, then a Jedi you will be."

Luke then sees his vision, walks to the swamp and lifts the ship out.

That would have been the way to do it.

Yoda should have lifted the X-Wing then dropped right back in the swamp.

"When the ship, you can remove from the mud, then a Jedi you will be."

Luke then sees his vision, walks to the swamp and lifts the ship out.

That would have been the way to do it.
But would have added to the length of the movie.

Ever try to lift a large rock and then give up really close to goal?

Nope. If I can get it to move, I can move it. Once I see a piece of success I know the rest of it is around somewhere. *

* I also have no problem with a bunch of druids building Stonehenge. I used to place 40x16 foot buildings with one other person, some steel pipe and a bunch of cut down telephone poles. We would often move them 100 yds in an hour or two.

so you're saying that Anakin was an unwitting pawn in Yoda's revenge scheme against Palpatine?

and all that dying and suffering was just for Yoda's own ends?

why didn't Yoda just go do the job himself

Yes.

Ultimately the argument boils down to this, and is true of all movies.

The character did what was necessary for the story to be what it is.

Cut the little green guy some slack! :lol

Traditionally they started teaching younglings how to be Jedi when they are what? Three... four years old? And they graduate to Jedi status at about eighteen?

So Yoda had to teach Luke to be a Jedi in the span of what? A month? :lol

Luke was dead set that it "couldn't be done"- it's not like the Galaxy could wait however long it would take (perhaps never) for Luke to get it through his thick skull that "size does not matter".

Yoda had to show Luke it can be done- and couldn't wait for Luke to figure it out on his own. He had to give this kid a crash course in training in order to be strong enough to take on Vader, which would eventually lead to overthrowing the Emperor.

But I will concede that my argument stems from Yoda "caring" about the Alliance- if he was willing to let the state of the Universe degenerate until Luke was in his early twenties before training him, why wouldn't Yoda be willing to wait another 20 years until Luke "got it right" on Dagobah? :lol

Kevin

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back