Shat, My Dad Says

Apparently the language filter also applies to hyperlinks.

Ooops. :)

needsmoreshatner.jpg

I don't follow Twitter either, but this guy has been all over the entertainment news about it. If you have FB, it reposts there, which is where I see it.

The amazing thing is the story behind it. A 29 year old loses his job in New York and moves back in with his 73 year old retired doctor/Vietnam vet dad. He starts his twitter thing, posting hilarious old-man observations his dad makes August 3rd, and six months later the folks behind Will and Grace are shooting a pilot for CBS starring William Shatner.

It's kind of unbelievable.

I only followed him on twitter because I follow Lavar Burton and he was raving on and on... It is pretty funny. But the thing is, he swears constantly. Maybe on a cable show it could have a chance, but they'll have to water it down so much, I can't see how it will work on CBS.

I don't follow Twitter either, but this guy has been all over the entertainment news about it. If you have FB, it reposts there, which is where I see it.

The amazing thing is the story behind it. A 29 year old loses his job in New York and moves back in with his 73 year old retired doctor/Vietnam vet dad. He starts his twitter thing, posting hilarious old-man observations his dad makes August 3rd, and six months later the folks behind Will and Grace are shooting a pilot for CBS starring William Shatner.

It's kind of unbelievable.

Don't do any of them myfacespacebook things i like crazy old dude rants n stuff though :lol

I only followed him on twitter because I follow Lavar Burton and he was raving on and on... It is pretty funny. But the thing is, he swears constantly. Maybe on a cable show it could have a chance, but they'll have to water it down so much, I can't see how it will work on CBS.

Heh, yeah. When we heard a few years back that there was going to be a US version of "Coupling" that was everybody's first thought - "there's no way the Americans could ever broadcast a show that bears ANY resemblance to Coupling!!!"

Sure enough, it lasted what, four episodes? If that?

Actually "Shat my Dad Says" is the perfect title for this series! :lol

I can't see CBS doing it tho. If it makes it to air it'll end up being called "My Wacky Dad" or something. :rolleyes

k

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back