Ghostbusters 3 talk (WARNING...SPOILERS!!)

obiwan2

Sr Member
Ok, I never am really clear on what's happening with the Ghostbusters franchise as I have heard anythingi from Ghostbusters 3 was supposed to be the video game to there will not be a Ghostbusters 3 to all kinds of things....but I ran across this site and thought I'd pass it along to those interested....

This link contains potential spoilers!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/02/08/bill-murray-confirms-a-spoiler-y-rumor-about-ghostbusters-3/

So, basically, Murray will be a ghost??? Kind of disappointing and lame....but I do realize the original cast is supposed to be taking a mentor role or a back seat from what I hear....oh well

I hear a lot of rumors. I heard that bill murray wouldnt come back unless winston got more speaking lines..Now he wont come back unless he is a ghost?

I am not sure how this will play out.

Plus a new squad? Not sure if we will be happy with the casting decisions.

I just hope it is entertaining like the first one

I just hope they don't take the comical route too far and have Murray be what Slimer was to The RGB cartoons....I dunno, it'd be great to see the original crew but I hope they take this in a good direction and not cheese the crap out of it. I've been a GB fan all my life and would love to see a good storyline happen and not just another way to cash in. The game was awesome!!

Murray was a hold out for a long time, finally they got him on board, would only do it if the script was top notch, heard was sigorny said about him being a ghost and then said he would do it only if he could be killed off in the first act of the movie and come back as a ghost... Or as I heard

Well, the only thing i know about the third film is that Ivan Reitman, the director of the first two films, will be taking the director's chair for the third and that two writers from "The Office" will be writing the script (which doesn't seem right to me, as Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis have always been the duo responsible for the story, even with the recent video game, and it should remain "within the family.")

But, seeing all the Ghostbusters back on the screen would be awesome, honestly. Maybe we will finally see what Dan Aykroyd had originally intended for the story: Ghostbusters being as common as police and firefighters (after all, "franchises" had been hinted at since the first film and the recent video game).

I'm just hoping it's not a way for Murray to sit at home and record voiceover lines rather than showing up in front of cameras. He'd better be a real-person ghost like the librarian and the central park jogger, and not a silly one like slimer or the scolari brothers. I'm afraid he's gonna look like garfield.

This sounds horrible. I can't stand the American version of The Office. Not funny, doesn't even get me to laugh a bit. Why not have the original director as well as the original writers? And Murray being a ghost could be interesting but it'll probably end up being stupid.

... and that two writers from "The Office" will be writing the script (which doesn't seem right to me, as Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis have always been the duo responsible for the story, even with the recent video game, and it should remain "within the family.").
aykroyd and ramis didn't write the game... they did a light revision, which involved punching up a few jokes and polishing their character's dialog. sony used this as a marketing gimmick, saying that they "wrote" the script. the story was in place LONG before they came on board.

they're doing the same thing on GB3. i don't have time to link to any articles, but aykroyd and ramis have both said publicly that they'll be revising and polishing the eisenberg/stupnisky script.

Read the script - or at least the current draft and it's terrible. Actually, a few steps beyond that. But to be fair - I've always liked the IDEA of ghostbusters more than I've liked the actual films. Part 1 was okay, part 2 was horrible and I only watched a handful of the cartoons'.

I can't stand the American version of The Office. Not funny, doesn't even get me to laugh a bit.

My apologies in advance for going way off topic, but I have to address the above statement.
American version of "the Office" not funny? I assume your suggesting the British version was funnier? Let's see...how many seasons were each and which one is still being produced? :lol

To be fair, I like the British version almost as much. The humor is a bit more subtle but it is there.

My apologies in advance for going way off topic, but I have to address the above statement.
American version of "the Office" not funny? I assume your suggesting the British version was funnier? Let's see...how many seasons were each and which one is still being produced? :lol

To be fair, I like the British version almost as much. The humor is a bit more subtle but it is there.

I mean, you didnt laugh when Jim put Andy's phone in the ceiling? And the hilarity that ensued? Or when Dwight came dressed up as a sith lord?? LOL

aykroyd and ramis didn't write the game... they did a light revision, which involved punching up a few jokes and polishing their character's dialog. sony used this as a marketing gimmick, saying that they "wrote" the script. the story was in place LONG before they came on board.

they're doing the same thing on GB3. i don't have time to link to any articles, but aykroyd and ramis have both said publicly that they'll be revising and polishing the eisenberg/stupnisky script.

I didn't say they written the game, I said that they were a responsible for the story for the game. There's a difference. It's like how Glen A. Larson is responsible for the RIS BSG series, though Ron Moore and David Eick developed the original concept. Without Glen A. Larson, there would have been no idea for "Adam's Ark" (the original version of the BSG story), and no TOS "Battlestar Galactica".

But besides the point, Aykroyd and Ramis did do the scripts for the first two films. And honestly, I feel that the third should still be "kept in the family." You may not understand it, but from what I've read about film productions in general, especially with something as significant as "Ghostbusters", there is a bit of a family connection developed within the production. It was a labor of love for everyone that was involved, even back during the writing stage. All I am saying is that they shouldn't tap an outside source for the story. Aykroyd developed the original idea, him and Ramis created the story for the first film. The third film's story and script should remain "in the family", like the first two. That is what I am saying.

American version of "the Office" not funny? I assume your suggesting the British version was funnier?

I can't watch either of them. I have a strong empathetic reaction to embarassing situations. Considering the show(s) seem to be one embarassing "real life" moment after another, it just makes me uncomfortable watching it.

But to get back on topic... I think this may suffer the same as many other "long awaited" sequels (The X-Files, Indiana Jones, et al). Too little, too late.

I'll probably go see it anyway.

Ah but Ricky Gervais didn't want there to be anymore so he wrapped it up in the Xmas special. He did the same with his show "Extras".

I couldn't get into the American version either. Same jokes and didn't laugh.

As for Ghostbuster 3. I like the idea of Bill being a ghost. I think it could work, but with that being said, I have no trust in Hollywood at all anymore.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back