Wolverine Jacket Owners....how many people recognize it on a day to day basis?

obiwan2

Sr Member
Ok, I've wanted a motorcycle ever since I can remember and have decided, after recently losing 135 lbs, that THIS is the year for ME :)

But that's another topic....I want a nice jacket to wear while riding and I've wanted a Wolverine movie styled jacket ever since X1 came out and love the Origins one! How recognizable are these jackets to the general public? Just was wondering if you guys wore yours daily and what kind of reaction you received?

I wear my Vanson X-1 everyday. I've gotten a few compliments on it but no one has ever asked me if it was a Wolverine jacket.
If anyone has recognized it they haven't said anything. I kind of like it that way. I wear it because I like it, not because I'm looking for attention.

That's exactly why I want to get one....because I love the look and style of it! I would prefer to hear that most people don't know where it's from. I don't want to be the guy wearing the Wolverine jacket...:)

Mine is about 50/50. Some people say "Hey cool! The Wolverine Jacket!" and some people say "Hey cool Jacket!! It looks Familiar to me but don't know why" lol.. And then there are a few sprinkled in that just think its a cool jacket no matter what. It really is different enough to be noticed. Its a great coat! I got my x1 jacket from Wested. That coat is awesome!

I've been wearing my Vanson X1 quite a bit since I got it last fall and only 2 or 3 people have recognized it. Sometimes they say it looks familiar and they realize it with a hint or two. I really love my jacket.

Yep, I can echo the other X1 jacket owners here. Most people really like it, but never pick it out as a Wolverine jacket. And if they do, they don't say anything. A few times, while walking through Target and Best Buy, the "Wolverine Origins" trailer has come on the big screen. It felt kinda funny, and I expected someone to call me out, but never happened. :lol

I bought a nice replica for my 21 year old son and he gets people all the time commenting on his Wolverine jacket.
I on the other hand, in all the years I've owned my Indy Westeds, have never had anyone comment on my "Indiana Jones jacket". :lol

I wear mine whenever I go out, and all I get is, "Hey, that's a cool jacket." It's only been recognised only a couple of times. Even if you do have "The Wolverine Jacket", who cares? It looks good.

Soul Revolver sell a stylized version in black with black suede arm bands. I'm most likely going to buy from them when I've lost a bit of weight.
No clue on quality, or delivery. But the good thing is that for a bit more money you can customise it.

Hope this might help.

Have a wander over to filmjackets.com. They have multiple threads on all for the Wolverine movie jackets. They have found the original makers for a couple of them. Some are being made in motorcycle weight leather too. (Not many screen jackets really are, the actors would die of overheating and the weight). :).

Awesome! Thanks for the info, guys. I had never seen the filmjackets.com site...very good info!

I'm between the X1 style and Origins. I think the Origins has a little more "kick" to it that I really enjoy. Now I just have to figure out where I wanna get one from :lol Leaning towards Loganscloset or Magnoli

Lean more towards Logan's Closet. ;) Logan's Closet jackets are Vanson's. Made in the U.S.A. and made out of Competition weight cowhide. They're real motorcycle jackets and made to last.

I really love Vansons stuff but.....3 months minimum? Does it usually take that long?

Yeah that's about normal for the Wolvie jackets. It can be longer, but 3 months is generally where they finish up. The reason being is because the jackets are made in batches, assembly line style. Considering that nearly all of Vanson's jackets are made in one relatively small building in Fall River, Mass., that's not too bad.

And every Vanson owner will tell you...it's TOTALLY worth the wait.

Here's mine.

vansonwolf003.jpg

I wear mine quite frequently... of course when I wear it along with certain clothing people have mentioned a similarity to the Wolverine jacket for some odd reason. :cool

wolverinebarscene.jpg

wolverinebarscene2.jpg

3999677542_6f0f8d22da_b.jpg

3998905467_e4f4258472_b.jpg

4007277597_28ee56038a_b.jpg

4011139030_b294494c4d_b.jpg

4013136783_156e700223_b.jpg

The other flavors of Wolve's jacket are pretty nice too, and I find the X3 version the most subtle, while the origins is the most noticable.

wolverine-x3-mi9.jpg

xo-me2.jpg

wolve-and-emma.jpg

And if you want a color change, that is no problem either...:love
testmule.jpg

You're really starting to sell me on the design of the wolverine jackets. You really pull it off. Did you get your X1 belt from Magnoli?

Also, where did you get your cocky belt buckle?

THEMAN - great weathering on your jacket in those first few closups. Did you do it yourself? If so, could you share what your technique was?

I've heard a lot about using acetone to remove color, but it hasn't worked for me on most of my professionally dyed leather items. And there's always sandpaper, but it severely damages the leather, leaving it vulnerable to water and air (drying and cracking). Using sandpaper makes me want to then treat the leather with a water proofer or conditioner, but I've yet to find one that didn't have the side effect of darkening the leather somewhat.

I've read the tutorials on filmjackets.com, but I don't think I found a satisfactory solution to the above.

Oh, and congratulations on having a face kinda like Hugh Jackman.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back