New 1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

When does the rest of line come out? I'm jonesing for a new Snowspeeder and some Clone Wars stuff that doesn't snap together!

Frankly I could care less about the Gorram mandibles. I built the 1/72 model, painted it and weathered it like the studio model and it looks great. The fact that the mandibles don't toe in was the LAST thing on my mind considering you couldn't really notice that detail in the films anyway.

I'm glad this new model will be a half sized "clone" as it were since that means I can now do a half sized model and try to match the detail of my 1/72 ship. Then perhaps one day if I were to try filming them like studio models, the details would match. :lol

Frankly I could care less about the Gorram mandibles. I built the 1/72 model, painted it and weathered it like the studio model and it looks great. The fact that the mandibles don't toe in was the LAST thing on my mind considering you couldn't really notice that detail in the films anyway.

I'm glad this new model will be a half sized "clone" as it were since that means I can now do a half sized model and try to match the detail of my 1/72 ship. Then perhaps one day if I were to try filming them like studio models, the details would match. :lol

Show it off!

I'm just fine with them releasing this subject in a smaller scale, every time I handle my 1/72; parts fly off and presumably land in that same place your socks go. 'Cause I can't find a one of 'em!

I don't think there is a relationship between the two.

FM 1/144 Falcon is a licensed product, and the other, I believe.... I could be wrong, is not.

The only thing I can think of that would make this worthwhile is that in that scale it's more "diorama friendly". The Death Star Hangar someone else here built must be HUGE.

I have mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, I love the Millennium Falcon and this 1/144 scale kit works better with my lack of display and storage space than it's 1/72 scale big brother. On the other hand, I'd prefer to see Fine Molds produce new Star Wars kits like a TIE Advanced X1 (a.k.a. Darth Vader's TIE), an A-Wing, a B-Wing, etc., in 1/72 scale. Then again, a 1/144 Tydirium or Jawa Sandcrawler would be nice... :confused

The Anigrand kits are most certainly not licensed. Indeed when Fantastic Plastic announced they were going to carry it, they got hit with a LFL C&D so fast it caused whiplash.

Doing a Falcon is smart for FineMolds IMHO. For starters they already have all the scaling and reference data they collected for the big kit and secondly it allows for a more inexpensive kit of the iconic ship to be issued. The big Falcon is a great piece of modern kit engineering, but its original price and high parts count placed it out of range of many potential modelers. This one will be easier on the pocketbook and the workbench.

The only thing I can think of that would make this worthwhile is that in that scale it's more "diorama friendly". The Death Star Hangar someone else here built must be HUGE.

I agree, too. When I started my current DS2 dio in 1/144, the only MF I had was the Argo one... now I'll have three choices (Argo, Ani, FM)... this is sweet for me!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back