Photos of a real ET Communicator

Droidboy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was able to re document this today, and thought some of you might be interested. Here are a couple that I took today.

Gregg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

not a chance in hell i would be able to replicate it,or have the room if i did, but i hope you took close ups of all the parts, just for future reference.

There were originally 16 of them made. This was one that was here in Indiana that I was able to document.

Kurtyboy....I'm going to be first. I've spent the last 15 years tracking down pieces and I have them all except for the exact same coffee can. I'll be starting putting it together this week.

My Parts:

P1050425.jpg

Gregg

There were originally 16 of them made. This was one that was here in Indiana that I was able to document.

Kurtyboy....I'm going to be first. I've spent the last 15 years tracking down pieces and I have them all except for the exact same coffee can. I'll be starting putting it together this week.

My Parts:

P1050425.jpg

Gregg

Ummm...
I amy be wrong and there may be different versions of the real prop (since there were 16 made) but...
The pattern on your record player's pocket is different, as is the pattern on the umbrella.
looks like the real umbrella is yellow next to blue (going counterclockwise) while yours is yellow next to red.

Yeah, I'm sure there are differences between the one I photographed and the one in the movie. I need to sit through the movie and figure out what differences I can live with and which ones I can't. I think at some level, this will have to be somewhat idealized and improved as time goes on. But after 15 years of picking up parts here and there, I'm really ready to put this sucker together.

Gregg

It's kinda been my one prop obsession all these years. My white whale. I've just been lucky enough to visit this piece and document it twice now.

Now to become the nutter who builds one.

Gregg

But, will it work? >;-> (the 'real' prop was designed to be essentially functional - you really can connect an oldskool analog UHF tuner to a 49Mhz 'kiddy-talkie' and broadcast a low-power UHF signal!)

But, will it work? >;-> (the 'real' prop was designed to be essentially functional - you really can connect an oldskool analog UHF tuner to a 49Mhz 'kiddy-talkie' and broadcast a low-power UHF signal!)

I dunno. I know how it works after a pretty long conversation with the creator, but I doubt I'll go to the trouble.

Still trying to track down that damned coffee can.

And yes...it takes up a boatload of room. :)

Gregg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back