Gandalf the Grey Staff made by me

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
No, this isnt because of Kropserkel's upcoming run (which I am sure will blow this out of the water), just a coincidence in timing. Some of you may remember me making one of the about a year ago. I was fairly happy with it then, but there were a couple thing I felt could be improved on. The crown is cast resin, and the crystal is acrylic. The actual staff is made from a wooden post. Here are the pics. Let me know what you think (sadly this may have to go to ebay because of recent money problems :( )

DSCN7721.jpg

DSCN7722.jpg

DSCN7723.jpg

I think it looks great. If you make some nice display for it, to hang it on the wall, it would only complement the piece, and make it look more "official"..

Very good work! Not perfect, but then, I think that this one is quite difficult to replicate.
Much much better than my own try. (which was so bad that I opted to make Gandalf the White's whole costume instead :p )

Last edited:
I am sure I am the one who bought this from your ebay listing. I have it displayed next to the Noble Collection one and it's almost a dead-on copy, except for the painting which I could manage if I made the time for it. Wonderful work, worthy of a reprise. Never did see a Kropserkel one.

Thanks! If you are indeed the one who bought it from me on ebay, then you got an even better version I did than this... and you're also one of the few to own it.

Thanks! If you are indeed the one who bought it from me on ebay, then you got an even better version I did than this... and you're also one of the few to own it.

I sincerely count myself very lucky to have it. You deserve high praise for this work. Honestly, it's as good as a fan made item could be, and actually sturdier than the Noble Collection one because yours has the rebar core.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back