Bourne Identity Red Bag contents

asavage

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Working on something I'll post when it's done, but I'm trying to identify all the random crap in Jason Bourne's swiss bank box. Here's a couple of screenshots:

Trying to identify that little silver cylindrical thing with the little (what looks like plastic) loop through it. AND the little thing upper right that looks like a multi or bike tool. It's got the 4 consecutive hexagonal holes in it of varying sizes. Skateboard tool? Anyone ever seen one? Welding tool?

ANy and all suggestions welcome.

Hey Adam, just from a quick glance, the tool in the upper right corner looks like a hex key set. Varying sizes of hex bits in a few common size holes for tightening a nut built into the case. Definatley not a welding tool that I've ever seen, I can say that for sure.

EDIT- On second glance it has the look of a set of tip cleaners. For oxy-acetylene torches. A little fancier than I've ever used, but it's a possibilty. What I'm seeing is a bunch of smaller tools all folded up inside the handle..

As for the cylinder, to me it looks like one of those spring loaded things on a hoodie, for tightening the draw strings. Never seen one made of stainless before. But that's what it looks like.

I'll dig around and see what I can find.

Last edited:
The silver thing is definitely a cord lock or "barrel lock" in silver finish plastic. I've seen them at Jo-Ann fabrics. It looks like it has a length of 1/8" elastic shock cord going through it.

I tried working through this a couple of years back myself, but never did anything with it. The toughest part (to me) was getting someone to accurately reproduce the Air France Club 2000 Card, phone card, AMEX and Mastercards. I keep trying to hound Indy Magnoli to finish that bank bag he's been promising to work on for quite some time. (I know he's a very busy guy)

Please keep us posted, Adam - I'd love to see where you're going with this!

The little hex tool thing is in fact some type of multi-tool. My friends grandmother brought a few back from when she was overseas a couple years ago. I have one, but it only has 3 hex sockets instead of 4.

006.jpg

008.jpg

There are no brand or origin of manufacture anywhere on the tool, but it's a pretty close match.

- John

Dang knightsaber, nice work. I searched for literally 2 hours straight and couldn't find the thing..

Hehe, well I suppose I had a bit of an advantage since I knew it was some kind of multi-tool.

It seems that Coast makes/made a few types of these style tools.

The "Pocket Tool Box" is the one in the link.
Then it seems they also made a "Fishing Multi-Tool Box" (pictured) which is very similar, if not identical, to the "Pocket Tool Box". This variant is no longer listed on their site.

And finally the "Micro Tool Box" which is smaller and only has three hex sockets like the one I own.

Looks like the Pocket Tool Box is your best bet. I'm not sure if there is any way to distinguish which one Bourne has. They're fairly cheap and can be found for under $10.

- John

the metal cylinder actually appears to be a magnetic 'locker' key. I'm sure anyone who has ever been to an amusement park, train station or airport is familiar with the regular version...european nations have been using a 'digital' version for a while now, that's what it looks like to me. Although it's been a little while since I traveled over there...

the metal cylinder actually appears to be a magnetic 'locker' key. I'm sure anyone who has ever been to an amusement park, train station or airport is familiar with the regular version...european nations have been using a 'digital' version for a while now, that's what it looks like to me. Although it's been a little while since I traveled over there...
Can you dig up a pic of one online? I've done some searching, but perhaps I am using the wrong words. I don't believe I've seen one of these things. Thanks!

Knightsaber, NICE work. Very well done. I knew that what I was looking for had that structure, but didn't expect to find such a perfect match.
Here's the amazon link btw:
http://www.amazon.com/COAST-Tool-Bo...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1264837985&sr=8-3
As for the interest, well, the Red Bag that Indy is (hopefully) going to do is based on a real one that I own. I have both the Red Bag and the waste basket from the bank. I'm in the process of filling it with all the correct stuff.
(Indy just finished 4 passports for me, they're gorgeous!)
I'll be posting detailed lists of the full list contents as I count and chronicle them and sources as well.
There's a swiss army knife visible too, looks to be green. This:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120496295252
Is the closest I've found so far. I'd rather it be olive.
Anyone have a line on:
The thumb drive
Either of the pens
Elegance contacts
And what is that "Medecine Du Travail" card thingy. Anyone have a reference for such? My google fu turns up nothing.
I've been working on a host of paper props from the Bourne films that I'll also post soon.

Lastly, the interpol fax that Bourne pulls from the French cop car. Note that all 3 of these files were drawn completely by me in photoshop, using only screenshots and other reference material. My German is probably atrocious, please let me know.
I purposely degraded the text on this one to make it look faxed. It prints out pretty convincingly.

Full Res:
http://www.hooverae.com/upload/files/300110/9605872.jpeg

I'm working on a version of the French Driver's license (the pink one) and I'd love someone to give me a pantone color for what color pink they actually are. Hard to tell from flickr.
Also: how big are they?
I'll post that puppy when I'm done.

Another one! There's a phone card visible that I've done a pretty good job on. I can't make out the logo along the right hand side, so I made up a french phone company called Alfent.
I assumed it was a french phone company because of the picture of Notre Dame visible on it. I managed to find a shot of Notre Dame that's a pretty close match.
All done in photoshop.

Full res:
http://www.hooverae.com/upload/files/300110/0344244.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back