WIP...My Prop Room...pic heavy

Droidboy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think I've posted some pics of this before, but now that stuff is almost completely done, I thought I'd share more.

I started this about 5 years ago. Originally, this was an attic area that wasn't just unusable, but it was unaccessible. I cut a hole in the ceiling and slowly started putting a floor, walls, and eventually a spiral staircase and a half bath in it. I'd say right now it's about 95% done, and I hope to have the rest done this year.

Hope you guys enjoy. A great deal of you have been my inspiration for doing this.

Gregg

P1050401.jpg

P1050402.jpg

P1050403.jpg

P1050404.jpg

P1050405.jpg

P1050406.jpg

P1050407.jpg

P1050408.jpg

P1050409.jpg

Nice work. Pretty cool you made something from nothing.

I was going to use that same sitting mannequin for my Indy display. Got any close ups of the crate?
mike

Mike....if you want to build a crate I can make some measurements and a really super quick how to for you. This is a smaller version of the crate the Nazi's put the Ark in. I'm going to build another one like the US Gov't version and turn it into a coffee table by the chairs.

Here is a close up of the stenciling:

P1050411.jpg

And of the crate itself:

P1050414.jpg

P1050413.jpg

I still have the stencil too.

Gregg

Great job, that looks like a really nice room and some awesome props, any chance of any close ups of Wicket he looks great?

The wicket is one of my all time favorite pieces. In part because it's so freaking cool, but mostly because it was made by Tom Spina. It's probably been in my collection for the better part of 10 years or better. I love it.

Anyhow, pics:

P1050424.jpg

P1050423.jpg

Gregg

Very nice! I agree the white walls and wood floors look great together. makes the displays really pop.
Looks like you'll have some heavy dusting on your hands when you're done though!

I am always inspired when I see prop rooms. My next house will have to include a spare room for my toys..

Yeah, I definitely need to do A LOT of dusting. I've still got some construction to do up there, then it will get a thorough cleaning.

Richie, whatever you want, you got man.

Gregg

You're gonna have to get your Kirk chair moved up there.

Gregg did do a great job on the stencil. He dressed up the crate my lathe came in last summer with it. :love

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back