Willow's Wand..

Beechy McFly

Sr Member
Just wondering if anyone has made or seen the Willow Wand around.> Just watched it and thought it would be cool..

willowp.jpg

willowwarwickbaby.jpg

I have to agree, that the wand looks like a found item (found in the woods). I also remember watching that movie as a kid and need to get it for my children to see.

I had a hard time not thinking of the movie Top Secret with Val Kilmer when I was watching Willow though.

Cheers

Sebastian

The commentary says its a tree twig and that they used it for a few shots until someone discovered that it was the only one that they got. They quickly made a mold and made resin copys to use instead. I dont remember if they tell what sort of tree its from but i always thought it was from this sort of tree/bush
gxp3EgS.jpg

Think its called Witch-hazel in english...

Its a cork screw hazel, i have one in my garden and my work sell them. Might do a spot of gardening soon lol see if i can find a matching branch.

Also you can get Corkscrew Willow trees which look similar but are more flimsy than the hardened branches of the hazel.

Jericho

Was watching Willow recently and thought about this so I decided to bump this old thread. Anyone ever tried sculpting this thing to get it dead on? I went for a walk, but the old corkscrew hazel tree we had up the road from us has been cut down and removed, so I couldn't do any pruning...

The willow wand WOULD be an interesting project. SO non-descript but so central to the story as well.

THere are a bunch of good close ups in the film if I remember correctly.

Nick

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back