The Official Stargate Auctions have launched!

I had a phone contact with them. They possess (with PS) all Stargate props and costumes. So I think that "thousands" is probably true. More than 200 Stargate episode. Count on average 10 new various costume and 5 objetcs for 1 épisode.
(10+5)x200=3000.......... without decor fragment.....

I don(t think they are lying us....
For example : look an eye here : http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...2008-keep-it-keep-it-toss-it-keep-it-burn-it/

Basically correct, Propstore and Propworks got all of the final clearout from MGM. Legends still has some stuff, but it's what they already had from prior releases by the studio. If your not on Legend's email list, basically Legends is getting out of the 'prop' side of the buisness. They're going to stick with other memorabilia and keep the autograph side going (even the Stargate Autographs).

I'd be curious as to what the studio is actually keeping. I'm assuming they'll keep some stuff (ie a couple of each type of prominent weapons, or original molds/masters, etc) in the archive simply so they have the reference or ability to kick out more zat's, staffs, etc.

Speaking of Legends, does anyone have one of their Staff Weapons? Just curious as too the quality of it.

I had a phone contact with them. They possess (with PS) all Stargate props and costumes. So I think that "thousands" is probably true. More than 200 Stargate episode. Count on average 10 new various costume and 5 objetcs for 1 épisode.
(10+5)x200=3000.......... without decor fragment.....

I don(t think they are lying us....
For example : look an eye here : http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com...2008-keep-it-keep-it-toss-it-keep-it-burn-it/

Oh wow, thanx for the link. I love those kind of pics.

In my opinion the prices will go up with every new item they are going to put up with the live auctions and the last auctions on ebay probably being the highest. maybe the prices will stall in the middle, but dunno...

I think after the news reached more people and the feedback of propworx went up the prices will get higher

Are you going to be at the live auction then kwalsh?

Unfortuantly I wont be able to, would love to but stuck here in Dublin, bah!:(

I'll echo Silverskyes and Cheech the Legends staff is top quality and a heavy enough piece. Have one with my Jaffa.

Having been lucky enough to see alot of screen used staffs and zats in person i am definatly going to get one at some stage, even if the soft stunt zats are floppy! :p

Hey all.

Here are some insights:

Legends had a deal with MGM, but Paul Brown, the owner, let that lapse. They did a fantastic job and really set the standard for this business. They have returned every prop they had, including the Hero Rubber, open Apophis head, and RA mask. Those items will be in the first live auctiion.

Prop Store of London bought about 200 items, and some great stuff, they sold most of the good stuff privately, so the public didn't get the chance to buy any of it.

MGM hired Propworx to give Stargate the full "BSG" style treatement. There will be two live auctions, each with 1,000 items and our standard, full color, top of the line catalog. This time in hardcover. There will be eBay auctions till we run out of the rest!

And thanks for all the passion. I get really tired of the trolls and haters. They have ZERO effect on our business, because we have so many great customers, but they obviously have nothing better to do than stalk us across multiple prop web sites. I am a collector too, so I share the passion and love it when you guys get stuff you love.

I truly thank each of you who have bought from us or even just bid. If you ever need anything, feel free to email me at alec@propworx.com. I am available by phone too, just email me for my #. Also, we have a forum with almost 1,000 collectors and you can chat with other collectors and customers there. Just go to www.propworx.com. The forum is here.

THANKS!

Alec

Last edited:
Hi all,

We would just like to clarify that we have had and still have some great pieces from the Stargate franchise. In addition to listing the items on our website (as seen here), some pieces have been sold to clients who had specifically requested Stargate items using our online request form (seen here).

We work regularly with our clients to fulfill their collecting needs - if anyone is ever looking for a specific item or items from a specific title, don't hesitate to let us know.

Best,
Brandon

Hey all:

We are doing videos on many of the props & costumes and you can see them in two places.

1. www.propworx.com/stargate

Our home page for the Stargate auctions. Lots of info, blogs on props, costumes, set pieces and auction news. We have videos up on teh Stargate items and we will be archiving all videos here.

2. www.gateworld.net

Gateworld is the # 1 Stargate site on the Internet. They have a huge auience and cater to Stargate fans. They have an exclusive Propworx auction video up each week.

We will also be giving away a piece of the Stargate there, so go sign up and become a member.

Also, all videos will be posted at Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/user/propworx

Alec

Last edited:
I'm not sure I should say the 2nd one... but the 1st auction was the 26 inch tall back piece of the Atlantis gate... pic in post 2 of the thread.

And as far as the 2nd one... let us say that.... ummm..... one of Wilco's kits can retired as everyone here can get definitive reference for "Chewie's" adopted weapon.
Aw man, you sniped me :lol I was bidding for that item as well. Damn you just outbid me as well haha.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back