Kaboom cereal and other Tarantino props

Bizarro Lois

Sr Member
I was looking through the Paper Props, thinking about displaying some Tarentino-themed props, when my husband suggested that I get someone to design and make a box of Kaboom cereal. So of course, I start googling, to find out that it's real. I feel like a maroon for not realizing this sooner. I had always assumed that it was designed for the movies, like the Red Apple cigarette packs. What are some other actual items that are known props from his movies?

Re: Kaboom cereal and other Tarentino props

You could print out a picture of Eli Roth:

Eli_Roth_320507.jpg

It would be just as two-dimensional as the real prop... WOW!

:angel

Box of Fruit Brute (Pulp Fiction, maybe Reservoir Dogs)
Little black medical book (Pulp Fiction)
Script for "Fox Force Five" (mentioned Pulp Fiction)
Jack Rabbit Slims menu(Pulp Fiction)
Modesty Blaise(the book (Pulp Fiction))
Business cards "Big Joes Truck and Tow (Not seen but you do see the sign, Pulp Fiction)
Fight promo posters (Pulp Fiction)
Wonder which movie I have seen the most :) There has got to be plenty of stuff from the other flicks, But I can't come up with any. True Romance has got to have some stuff. Reserveoir Dogs was shot pretty tight so maybe not so much there. Probably something from Four Rooms.

Fruit Brute was Pulp Fiction.
Kaboom underwent a retool 10 years ago. It no longer is Maroon, Navy Blue and Dark Green pieces of cereal that make the milk GRAY.
Laffo.

I got a box of Kaboom cereal as a christmas present a few years ago - looks great with my Kill Bill stuff!

I got a box of Kaboom cereal as a christmas present a few years ago - looks great with my Kill Bill stuff!

A friend gave me a 20 + year old box of Kaboom for my 40th birthday. I ate it that night and it was still good. By good I mean crunchy. It used to be one of those foods with so much food coloring in it you could taste it. Delicious.
Laffo.

You ate a 20yr old box of cereal :confused Dude, you must have an iron stomach:)

I wouldn't want to eat 20 year old cereal. There might be so many reasons for bacteria and other stuff to make their home in your body.

I wouldn't want to eat 20 year old cereal. There might be so many reasons for bacteria and other stuff to make their home in your body.

I think I wouldn't be so worried of bacteria,the reason it's still good after all these years is all the chemical preservatives in it-no germ wants to have any part of it! :lol

I watched "Jackie Brown" today and came up with a few.
1. The revolver and holster Jackie "borrowed" from Max Cherry's glovebox
2. Jackie's yellow lighter, although I couldn't tell what kind of cigarettes she had
3. Cherry Bail Bonds business card
4. Various Kangol hats - I know Sam Jackson wears a few different ones, plus Jackie wears a red on in the mall
5. Del Amo Fashion Center shopping bags
6. Billington shopping bag, bonus points for accurate beach towels and paperbacks
7. Cup from the Chinese restaurant(Teriaki Donut) as well as the one that one of the women carries - I'm pretty sure the same logo was used in Death Proof(Acuna Boys).
8. Melanie's bong

Stuff from the Tarantino Universe is really cool. I like that Red Apple Airport Ad in Kill Bill Part 1. Not really a prop but I want Samuel Jackson's car alarm sound effect from Jackie Brown. I still need to try the chicken and waffle place...

Well, I know that there was an official "Pu$$y Wagon" keychain released at the time the movies came out. And I did come across a not so accurate replica of Budd's sword at last year's Megacon. But I know a lot of fans had wanted to get their hands on accurate Bride's Hanzo swords (and even a few of them certainly criticized the accuracy and the pricing for the ones released).

I have the Pu$$y Wagon keychain - that's the first prop-type piece I ever got. When I saw "Kill Bill" and saw it, the first thing I said was, "I want that keychain!" My husband got it for me at Media Play. I'll have to find it and fix the little ring.

I love my ass-watch! This is my third and best so far. It's in excellent condition and still works. Took me a while to find the strap though, which has the textured and smooth bands.

watchafter3.jpg

pulpreal.jpg

I've got the screen used store clerk's shirt from Death Proof and a screen used Red Apples pack and Big Kahuna Burger bag too.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back