Screen Used "Gozer" Costume from "Ghostbusters"

hi!it is very sexy! it just reminds me about Poison Ivy form batman. I was wondering if the suit can be lighted up? is the flora glowing?

I saw some pics of that Gozer/Eastern European model lady at some con. She did not look pleased to be there.

I can attest that Slavitza Jovan was at least gracious with her fans, she was extremely accomodating with us costumed Ghostbusters, and even posed with us in a totally unofficial group photo:

07013w.jpg

She appeared more stern and intimidating than she actually was.

This is a great find, doesn't seem like its deteriorated much given the unusual nature of the design. Its wild that Ms. Jovan actually finds it worthwhile to attend cons, but I guess supermodels have a shorter career cycle. Can't wait to see some restored pics.

Also has someone already made a Lady Gaga joke?

Steve

I have to know - on the show, when you were told how much these items were potentially worth, it seemed as if the show was edited with your response, like you just heard, "one gazillion dollars!" as if you had NO CLUE that there are crazy collectors willing to throw money at screen used pieces.

With your career, you CAN'T have really been that surprised, right?!:lol

PS It was fun telling my wife, "Hey I know that guy! You should see him do Marty McFly!" :thumbsup

I was just watching this show. It was neat to find this and see the history. I'm not sure how I feel about the way they present their auctions.

I can attest that Slavitza Jovan was at least gracious with her fans, she was extremely accomodating with us costumed Ghostbusters, and even posed with us in a totally unofficial group photo:

07013w.jpg

She appeared more stern and intimidating than she actually was.

That's good to hear. Her stern characteristics are probably what made her suitable to play Gozer!

I know this thread is older now, but I'm trying to put together a Gozer costume for Halloween. I cannot BELIEVE you discovered this the way you did. I'm wondering if you can give me some tips on how this was constructed. What are the bubbles? How are they sewn on? Thanks!

Stumbled across this on a rack of "Unidentified" costumes.

There's a few minor runs in the body stocking, and most of the plastic bubbles are dented in due to be crammed on a rack, but I'm going to start the restoration soon.

It even came with 2 pair of shoes!

GBX-Gozer1.jpg

GBX-GozerCU.jpg

Sorry for the kind of crappy pics. Just from my cell phone, but I'll do some better shots during the restoration and post them if anyone is interested.

Steve

Oh wow. This is similar to what I thought it would look like. (*oh the 80's*) I would love more detailed pictures. I am cosplaying Gozer (this incarnation not the staypuft marshmellow) Any and all pictures would be appreciated. (I thought I was going to have to make the bodysuit out of mesh and now I know I have too)
Thank you so much!!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back