Screen Used "Gozer" Costume from "Ghostbusters"

Cool find.

Its not missing too many of its bubbles.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Just fantastic! Congrats.

One suggestion, but when it comes to the restoration and the bubbles are concerned. You might want to give the costume in the film a really close look before un-mashing any of the bubbles.
It's very possible that their mashing was intentional to help reflect light and not actually damage at all.

I've seen too many people unintentionally screw up original props thinking they were 'fixing' them, when in reality they were destroying part of their originality.
Also, for something as significant at this costume if you are a GB fan, I'd plead with you to not restore it at all.

Also, for something as significant at this costume if you are a GB fan, I'd plead with you to not restore it at all.

As a big GBfan I have to agree, no restoration... If you want to try and restore some of the bubbles to round (assuming you can verify they were round for filming) and it can be done without further damage then I might consider that... But for me personally I would cherish it as is and just protect it from further damage...

I too think that you would be best leaving it alone. Most everything I know of that has value because of it's history becomes worthless when it is refinished or restored. The costume honestly for its age does not look to be in bad shape at all.

Don't worry cats; I'm not going to give her an "overhaul".

I'm not planning on doing any serious cleaning or replacing any missing bits with "new and improved" pieces.

From what I've been able to tell from the DVD version, the bubbles are all domed and not intentionally dented. If anybody had the Blu-Ray and can confirm that with some grabs, that would be very groovy. :)

In addition to the plastic "bubbles", there are also sequins, plastic "jewels", iridescent plastic cut-outs and the angel-hair fiber mesh.

I'll use a good camera and get more detailed pics as well as shots of the shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'd say go for it if you can do it such justice as the amazing Hoggle restoration! HAHAHAHAHA!

Seeing as the condition of this costume is currently, I don't think I'd change a thing. That's an impressive piece as-is. I guarantee you no one will moan about the state that outfit is in. That IS freakin' THE GOZER costume!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back