OFFICIAL James Cameron's "Laser Cats 5" Discussion Thread: Props, Creatures, Costumes

ReaverReject

I just saw the trailer for this awesome Aliens-Avatar-T2 crossover film by auteur James Cameron last night and it BLEW ME AWAY!!!

Here are some memorable scenes (***WARNING- SPOILERS!!!***)

8864480.jpeg

You just know that a few intrepid cosplayers will recreate these costumes at the next ComiCon! I just wanted to set the stage for discussion, but here are a few topics to serve as possible talking points:

• Futuristic ibeer steins
  • Combat helmet & sweat band
  • Nitro bandoleer & goggles with virtual user interface
  • Laser Cat laser pointer
  • Laser Cat small-bore weapons
  • Time travel control console
  • Ripley's Laser Cat Pulse Rifle & flame thrower, duct tape brand
  • Ripley's combat harness, cargo pants & boots
  • Laser Cat Queen (short hair? long hair? tabby? domestic?)
  • Laser Bats
  • Laser Cat chest-burster
  • Laser Cats hive
  • Wallace Hartley's Quintet & Cafe Parisien Trio musical instruments ("The Band Played On" from the Titanic)
I can start us off by my fantastic discovery of the time travel control console - it's a VTech Write & Learn Smartboard learning toy, available at Babies R Us and other fine retail children stores for $24.99:

Let's identify every item if possible! :)

RR

Last edited:
Re: OFFICIAL James Cameron's "Laser Cats 5" Discussion Thread: Props, Creatures, Cost

This is certainly the most enthusiasm I've seen for a Saturday Night Live sketch. :cool:thumbsup

The cats seem to be just the sort of stuffed animal you might find at Toys R Us or FAO Schwartz back in the day... I'd say just bring screen grabs to a toy store and go wild in the stuffed animal department. :lol

k

Re: OFFICIAL James Cameron's "Laser Cats 5" Discussion Thread: Props, Creatures, Cost

Andy Samberg is wearing a khaki Air Force Coverall made by Rothco. Specifically the Rothco brand, and not Tru-Spec or a Nomex.

Ripley's belt seems to be a ww2 era US Army Cartridge belt with suspenders of some kind, but I'm not an expert it's just what I found real quick.

http://www.buycostumes.com/Kitty-Cat-Mascot-Adult/27428/ProductDetail.aspx

That's one of the "Laser Cat Queen" costumes. Obviously they changed heads during the close up scene.

Last edited:

Great stuff! :lol

I can't seem to identify that NITRO logo or brand anywhere - is anybody familiar with that bandoleer/backpack/messenger bag design, whatever it is?

RR

Wow, nobody? :(
Meh, sequels are always worse than the original. He'll never recapture the magic of the original Laser Cats, although Laser Cats 3 came close, what with James Earl Jones, Sir Laurence Olivier, and Bruce Campbell in the cast.

Great stuff! :lol

I can't seem to identify that NITRO logo or brand anywhere - is anybody familiar with that bandoleer/backpack/messenger bag design, whatever it is?

RR

I'm pretty confident that it's some kind of old work out belt, considering everything he's wearing for the most part is athletic gear. The generic basketball jersey, the leather weightlifting belt, the sweat band etc. Just haven't been able to nail it yet.

Meh, sequels are always worse than the original. He'll never recapture the magic of the original Laser Cats, although Laser Cats 3 came close, what with James Earl Jones, Sir Laurence Olivier, and Bruce Campbell in the cast.
If only he had John Williams score No. 3 instead of Danny Elfman... :lol

But OT... Silly string and Christmas lights for the Laser Cat hive (yeah, I know we all know that, but I had to *pretend* to contribute)

Ok, now you guys are mocking a perfectly serious thread on a perfectly legitimate James Cameron epic blockbuster - not nice! :lol

I'm pretty sure this is the plush Pulse-Lion:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx...ingFeed-_-Google-_-Baby-_-JCPenney Plush Lion

organizeeverything1_2090_46907440

Speaking of the hive, for some inexplicable reason I would have loved to have been the guy to lay out that room, lol!

RR

I thought it was that one as well, but I think the mane is a bit longer than the one on screen. perhaps it was an old one they had laying around which just got used over time.

I'm pretty confident that it's some kind of old work out belt.
That's EXACTLY what it is. 100% certainty. I've worn one a thousand times (gym where I used to be a member, had one)

I'm pretty sure the company is either out-of-business, OR have changed their logo significantly.

Confirmed - here's mine:

6555509.jpeg

It's made by Altus:

http://www.altusathletic.com/altus/strength.php

RR
Yep. But actually what I was saying is, the black-colored belt with the red/yellow "NITRO" logo already on it (that he's wearing over his shoulder), is a store-bought weightlifting belt.

I haven't been able to find a photo online yet, but the one I wore (from my previous post) was identical to the one in the video. I'm still looking...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back