New Predator Pics (from "Predators")...Look Quick!

More like Die Hard and Platoon.

Keep Lawrence out of this, thanks. :)

Oh, I know, the title shouldn't even be allowed in the same thread as Predator! :lol

After I typed that, I thought: didn't Die Hard and Predator have the same director? I couldn't remember.

My official six month prediction: this movie will be so bad it's good. But then, I feel that way about both AVPs, so I'll be in the minority. If I get a B movie that knows it is and revels in it, with lots of gore and actors that are better than Requiem (who were fecal), I'll be stoked. Brody gives me a lot of confidence. You know, a real actor and not some Days of Our Lives reject. And RR's stamp of approval carries a little weight with me, though I don't think he's all that some others do, and I know it's ultimately the director's film, not his. Still, if the man has any influence, we can at least say RR is a guy who knows his awesome cheese.

Oh, I know, the title shouldn't even be allowed in the same thread as Predator! :lol

After I typed that, I thought: didn't Die Hard and Predator have the same director? I couldn't remember.

what's funny is the prop master for Die Hard is the same guy that is doing Predators. I showed him a photo someone sent me they found online aFrom the Pred. Set and he was alittle curious how they got there. If I'm not mistaken he also did the first two predator movies.

I think with any movies when they start doing the sequals they mess too much with the original design. So noone will be happy. I'm still on the fence in regards to the predator's changes over the years. I like the newer designs but hate them too. I still think the preds are the coolest aliens though.

Last edited:
It's a hard line to walk--if you do more of the same, audiences won't like it. But if you change too much, we won't either. I thought the Predator 2 was a bit too aquatic/scaly in his armor, and I hated his cannon, his bio, and his skin coloration. His spear looked like a log and he threw a frisbee. AVP Preds looked kinda ridiculous, with the excpetion of the Celtic helmet. The armor was awful, shiny and chunky and blah, as was the beefy body type. The weapone were over-exaggerated with that dumb "bigger is better" design, including wrist blades that could be used to skewer horses. The Wolf is by faaaaaar my favorite. I really love his armor, his skin coloration, the disfigurement, the weapons (cannons, whip, mines, shuriken, you name it), the body type, everything. The guy reallly, really ruled.

All I worried about in this new one was that they didn't mess with the look of the Predator and didn't go back to the fat AVP preds. Having seen that they've stuck with the Winston look and the Preds aren't all linebackers, I'm content. Looking forward to watching this one a few dozen times!

They didn't stick with his design though. These guys look anorexic. There's nothing scary or intimidating about them if you took the weapons off. If they looked like this in the original Predator you'd be laughing when the Predator threw off his weapons to fight Arnold. They're scaling them down so having Topher Grace fight them looks feasible.

I hear you, but I'm reserving judgement until I see...camera tricks and editing can make them look far bigger than they are.

And the dude with the tusks doesn't look anorexic...he's like the Shatner of the Preds :lol

You know, a real actor and not some Days of Our Lives reject.

lethalweapon4_pg03.jpg

Yeah, I tend to like Glover, but he was a bit too "stumble about awkwardly" for my tastes. There was a quality about him that didn't quite work for me in P2. I will say that I liked the "everyman" H. Ford aspect he brought to the table. It was nice they didn't just rehash with another muscle bound action star. I think that was the right call.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back