Re: The Avatar Trilogy

he has to, otherwise the hardcore avatar fans will commit suicide. this gives something to look forward to. :D

facepalm.jpg

I thought this was his plan from the very beginning. Its supposedly a trilogy.
Tadaaaaa, now who here is really surprised?

You see...it's a twelve....uh....nine part.....I mean six part....three....I mean two trilogies.......well maybe a cartoon....

He did speak pretty early on that he actually had at least 3 or 4 other stories in mind for the characters. I don't think James Cameron has made a horrible film yet. I know there's always a first, but he's been pretty smart about what he does.

With his appearance on Oprah tonight I'm sure there'll be even more people seeing it this weekend. Seems like every time Oprah plugs something everyone goes flocking to see the latest bug up her rear end.

I'm looking forward to a sequel, though I do have a few worries about the impact being as powerful as this film. With all that's happened they'll have to figure out a good conflict, a guy as horrible as the Colonel to really hate, and a way to breath some fresh new life into a second film that doesn't exist in this one. With all that they've established I'd worry that it could go downhill from here.

I could live without a second Avatar. Sometimes less is more.

There's not even enough story for one movie.

:wacko

I hope Jim moves on.

Let the journeyman do it.

A cgi trilogy? Trying to get the graphics to match up is going to be harder than making the audience believe that Buffy was teenage for so many years, or that Tom welling was at high school, or that Shia LeBouff was real.

I'm sure it'll be just as awesome as the Matrix trilogy.

16991.jpg

I don't see the need for another film, let alone two. I thought the film was perfect on its own and I liked how it ended.

Again, The Matrix trilogy comes to mind...

Why does everyone invoke the Matrix trilogy? It had an okay first film, but The Matrix is completely eclipsed by its own sequels. The original film just doesn't measure up in any way, by comparison.

I am completely 100% serious.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back