District 9 Props at CES PICs all posted now

Trooperdad

Today the CES show in Las Vegas opened and I found 3 District 9 props at the Sony booth. I took several photos with a good camera but realized my link cable was for my other camera. They had Weta made props, an alien gun, the alien liquid canister, and Wikus' alien hand. I'll post photos Saturday when I get home or somebody else can beat me to it if they are at CES. I took lots of close up photos for details.

District9017.jpg

District9canisterfull.jpg

District9cannisterbottomCU.jpg

District9cannisterbottomside.jpg

District9cannisterfullside.jpg

District9cannistersidewindow.jpg

District9cannistertop.jpg

District9cannistertopECU.jpg

District9cannistertopMS.jpg

District9cannistertopsideview.jpg

District9cannisterwriting.jpg

District9gunhandleMS.jpg

District9gunsiteCU.jpg

District9gunmuzzleCU.jpg

Don G.

Last edited:
Re: District 9 Props at CES

The alien gun is white with 2 rows of small cannisters going down the top of the barrel. If anyone is looking for something specific on these props let me know and I'll go back tomorrow for what you're looking for. I took close ups of the alien writing on the nano fluid canister, the gun stock, and the side of the barrel near the muzzel. I also took some close ups of some of the details. Thinking back on the movie I don't remember when this weapon appeared in the movie, but this prop is highly detailed from what I can see.

On another note, the Dolby booth as the Enterprises' captain's chair from the newest Star Trek movie.

Don G.

Can't wait to see the canister! A replica is in development on another thread ;)

If anyone is looking for something specific on these props let me know and I'll go back tomorrow for what you're looking for.

Don G.

Any close up pics of the guns would be greatly appreciated! Getting some from views of the tip and along the top of the barrel would be great and any details you can get would be awesome!!

I found a pic and it's the B5 gun that Christopher used.

Thanks!

FB

Last edited:

very cool

one of you talented artists needs to make one of these so I can buy one from you!!...:lol

thanks for posting the pics

Great quality prop , shame about the way they displayed it though , you'd have thought they would have put it on a stand maybe :rolleyes
be great to see any more pics :cool

out of all the geekness Im into, especially Star Wars, I just cant get enough of District 9 guns/weapons. These guns are so awesome. I just hope Weta sells replicas of the props in the mass market.
looking foward for the pics

First post updated with SOME of the photos. Most photos of the cannister. I have more of the gun to post later.

Enjoy!

Don G.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back