Your 1st screen used prop and what got you into it?

a Planet of the apes human costume after that i was hooked

here is a picture of the item that started my desire for planet of the apes
IMG00243-20110103-2249.jpg
got it when i was about 7 or so

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I see a lot of great props here which are all very nice. :thumbsup

My first screen used prop was the red jacket Keith Gordon (Arnie Cunningham) wore in the 1983 film Christine.

Keith attended the Texas Frightmare Weekend event last year and put the jacket up on the auction block with several other personal items from other projects. I was lucky enough to win the jacket so it will be the center piece for my Christine memorabilia but I need to find a decent bust display.

I also have a radiator and a rear passenger tinted glass from one of the stunt cars used in the movie.

Here are a few pics of the jacket...

Chuck

Hello Everyone,

My first screen used prop was the red jacket Keith Gordon (Arnie Cunningham) wore in the 1983 film Christine.

Keith attended the Texas Frightmare Weekend event last year and put the jacket up on the auction block with several other personal items from other projects. I was lucky enough to win the jacket so it will be the center piece for my Christine memorabilia but I need to find a decent bust display.

I also have a radiator and a rear passenger tinted glass from one of the stunt cars used in the movie.

Chuck

Hey! I was at that Texas Frightmare weekend the actors were all great to meet and the Christine car that was there was also fantastic.

Elvis wrote: Hey! I was at that Texas Frightmare weekend the actors were all great to meet and the Christine car that was there was also fantastic.

No Way!! Wasn't that so cool!! I was with the Christine Car during that weekend so you may have seen me walking around the place. I had my CCC shirt on if you remember seeing me. John C, Keith, Alexandra, William and John S. hung around after the place closed and we took some reunion pics. Did you go to the Q&A too??

I added some pics.. in the first one I'm on the left talking to John C. about doing a video "shout out" to the club. (I posted all the vids on youtube)

Attachments

• TexasFrightmareWeekend079.jpg
    TexasFrightmareWeekend079.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 195
  • Christisne Club Picture.jpg
    Christisne Club Picture.jpg
    674.8 KB · Views: 185
Elvis wrote: Hey! I was at that Texas Frightmare weekend the actors were all great to meet and the Christine car that was there was also fantastic.

No Way!! Wasn't that so cool!! I was with the Christine Car during that weekend so you may have seen me walking around the place. I had my CCC shirt on if you remember seeing me. John C, Keith, Alexandra, William and John S. hung around after the place closed and we took some reunion pics. Did you go to the Q&A too??

I added some pics.. in the first one I'm on the left talking to John C. about doing a video "shout out" to the club. (I posted all the vids on youtube)
I didnt make it to the Q&A but I did meet John C, look at my avatar and thats Jonh Carpenter and he is even wearing the same thing as in your pic, must have been the same day lol

Hello Everyone,

Chuck

What a great story and an amazing item from the movie... congrats on winning that jacket! I never realized there is a site devoted to people who enjoy that movie and the car in that movie... very cool!

I'm a car enthusiast myself (BMW) and thru my car I raise heart awareness and inspire folks to maintain a healthy heart (my car is modded with the same material that my partly mechanical heart is made from - carbon fiber... I'm a 5 time open heart surgery survivor). I've been lucky to have been featured in magazines, newspaper, and MTV interviewed me back in 2009 at a car show in Chicago.

You can check out a couple of my features below...

Washington Examiner Newspaper Feature
Check Out My Ride: Carbon fiber close to this customizer
Eurotuner Magazine Feature
2000 BMW 323i - Carbon Kumar - Eurotuner Magazine

I just got started collecting when I won a few auctions recently from a primere props auction on ebay. Just two little items, both from Inglorious Basterds, a matchbook used in the Winston Churchill sceen and a used coaster from the bar fight sceen.

Also I was wondering who are the reputable screen used dealers besides Primere Props, or the Prop House? I am asking because I have read about mixed reviews of both ellis and the costume collection.

i think propstore, screen used, and reelclothes are all very reliable. Things from Ellis all will be coming second hand now. So its not fair to say they are a dealer at this point. Its real hard to verify a bunch of ordinary rubber weapons years down the line too, which is a lot of what ellis sold off. Have them sold by people after the Ellis aquisition and you have difficulties on lots of items I think.

My only sceen used prop,not exactly an accessory:
img_show.aspx

It's a animation cel from Last action hero movie.
It's when the cat killes a bad guy,and saves Jack Slater.

My first piece was a set of Jaffa gauntlets from SG-1, quite nice as they had 'Teal'c' costumers tags in them. Been out of the screen used game for a while but hoping to get back in in the very near future.

My first prop is a Gotham City license plate off a background car from the 89 Batman movie. I ve been hooked on locating real props since.

What a great story and an amazing item from the movie... congrats on winning that jacket! I never realized there is a site devoted to people who enjoy that movie and the car in that movie... very cool!

I'm a car enthusiast myself (BMW) and thru my car I raise heart awareness and inspire folks to maintain a healthy heart (my car is modded with the same material that my partly mechanical heart is made from - carbon fiber... I'm a 5 time open heart surgery survivor). I've been lucky to have been featured in magazines, newspaper, and MTV interviewed me back in 2009 at a car show in Chicago.

You can check out a couple of my features below...

Washington Examiner Newspaper Feature
Check Out My Ride: Carbon fiber close to this customizer
Eurotuner Magazine Feature
2000 BMW 323i - Carbon Kumar - Eurotuner Magazine

Hello Navin323i,

It's always good to find a fellow car enthusiast on a prop forum. I checked out your links.. and that's awesome!! I have always liked BMW because they well built.

Thank you for the kind words about the jacket. :thumbsup

Chuck

myself, i played in a movie about emperor Karel the great. It was a movie directed by japanese people played by Belgium people. Never got to see it though xD

great stories.

i have just been bitten by the screenused prop bug. my first purchase was disaster............i bought a distressed USMC uniform and rifle from "the pacific". but they did not have the camo covers for the packpack and helmet that was pictured when i bought it!!!!

so i told them i did not want it and just bought the rifle.......why the hell do i want a USMC WWII costume that does not have the signature camo covers for it???

since then i have picked up other stuff. mainly focused on deadwood and inglourious bastards hugo stiglitz props....

I have pair of screen used gauntlets from 'First Knight'...

I used them with my Medieval Hospitaller Knight costume...

As an added bonus, 'First Knight' was the first movie I went to see with my now wife...

I've been a collector for my entire life. . . starting with rocks, stamps, coins and baseball cards when I was a kid. Since then I've 'grown' into collecting entertainment based trading cards (cards based on movies, tv shows, etc), comic art, and now props.

Many trading cards have embedded pieces of wardrobe from various shows, but fairly recently they started embedding small props in cards -- things like coins from Spider-Man 3, teeth from Ghost Whisperer, etc. One company stretched the definition of 'card' and created a 'card' with the R75 bugs from Stargate. I've always wanted one of the R75 bug cards, but could never justify the $200-300 price for one.

Eventually I found you could buy the same R75 bugs from Legends for about 5 bucks a piece. So I ordered some bugs and some replicators and thus my prop collection started -- about 2 months ago.

Since then I picked up an Andromeda scanner from Legends, and on eBay I've bought prop arrow and war room markers from Stargate (both from a private collector) and a crossbow bolt from Robinhood Prince of Thieves (from screencapturedprops).

So far it's all small relatively inexpensive things. . . it's been fun, but it's daunting trying to figure out if these things are legit, and I think I've overpaid on a few things already. . . cheap lessons, for the start of a new hobby I guess!

Jon

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back