Post your favorite movie/TV jackets & coats

Re: Post your favorite movie jackets

Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who/Torchwood
tw_ep01_captain_jack_01.jpg

I love this coat so much that I had one custom made, and I use it as my winter coat, as well as for my Jack Cosplay.

46162_422860751204_555311204_5488204_7130714_n.jpg

Last edited:

My favorite is han solo's jacket from ESB.

My other favorite isn't a jacket, but it counts in my book, is clint eastwoods poncho from the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Everyone's talking about Tennant's overcoat from "Doctor Who". What about Colin Baker's amazing technicolor dreamcoat?

Howzabout Jake Cutter's Flying Tigers A-2 from "Tales of the Gold Monkey".

The trench coat John Crichton would wear in Farscape.
This was the best picture I could find on short notice.

no particular order, but i love all these jackets/coats
the indy jacket,
the x1 jacket,
marty's 2015 jacket,
tennant's overcoat,
clark kent's red jacket from smallville,
han solo's esb jacket,
johnny depps sleep hallow coat,
the cleric coat

there are prob others im forgetting but those are the ones i really love and hope to own alll of them, right now all i need is marty's, han solos, cleric and sleepy hallow.

what is it about these jackets/coats that makes them so cool?

My favorite coat at the moment is probably Hans Landas leather great coat/trench from Inglorious Basterds. It just looked so darned comfortable and cool.

I've always liked the Warrior jackets from the original BSG and I also like the Peacekeeper jackets from Farscape. But probably my all time favorite, and not exactly a movie jacket per se as much as a real military jacket or coat worn in movies is the old cavalry greatcoat like the ones worn in the John Ford westerns with John Wayne.
YellowRibbon.jpg

I also have to throw in a vote for the modified WEPs worn on SG-1, I have one made from a (not screen accurate) twill marketed as Mountain Cloth that, along with my replica G-1 Navy/Marine Corps flight jacket, one of my regular everyday wear jackets.

319_10.jpg

Out of all the coats mentioned, the one that keeps getting left off the list everywhere, is the coat worn by James Dean's character, Jim Stark, from Rebel Without a Cause.

3188982106_6efe8b2130_b.jpg

Rebel-Without-a-Cause_James-Dean-jeans-cake.bmp.jpg

After seeing the pics in this thread, I am hesitant to post this :lol

I'm an 80's teen ok !

Sonny Crocketts Blazers from Miami Vice

Boy, the times I went out in the dead of winter, with just one of those and a t-shirt to impress chicks .... while clamping my jaw shut so my teeth wouldn't make any nosie :lol

miami_vice_don_johnson-300x371.jpg

This thread desperately needs some female perspective...:lol

Feature_ResidentEvil3_Alice.jpg
4b98fd1a20557_91388n.jpg
Feature_KillBill01-med.jpg

If I was a man though, I would LOVE to wear a Tyler Durden costume...:love

Many years ago, I bought a Luke ESB replica from the Official Star Wars Fan Club and wore it quite often. Very comfortable jacket.

n4e8tz.jpg

The Raiders of the Lost Ark jacket has always been my favourite! I finally got one of my own that fulfills my need of having THEE jacket! Thank you Riley from Tony Nowak Originals!

IMG_5043.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back