Post your favorite movie/TV jackets & coats

Re: Post your favorite movie jackets

Grammaton Cleric
equilibrium_21.jpg

Pete Mitchell
topgun-thumb-500x582-6575.jpg

Last edited:

Love the choices so far! Particularly Deckard's trench from Blade Runner, Tennant's coat from Doctor Who, Trek, and the Nostromo jacket.

I've always liked the military coats from The Fifth Element

The uniform varies in length according to rank: ends around the waist for lower ranks, around the knees for captains, almost touching the floor for generals.

As far as jackets(or whatever the proper term is) are concerned, Shakespeare wins:
Shakespeare+in+Love.jpg

But for coats, well...you just can't beat this slick SOB here:
dracula2000.jpg

Mine's this one:

TylerDurden.jpg

Yep. [One of] Tyler Durden's leather jacket from Fight Club. Those almost subliminal images really got to me :lol

One of my all time favorites is the jacket from Taxi Driver. It is on my to do list.

Max's jacket in MM2. Cool jacket in Mad Max, but the modifications and battle damage can't be topped.

Oh, and Capt. Dallas' RAF jacket and Han Solo's jacket in Empire. Kinda the "sleeved" version of his vest. Those are my second and third.

Oh man.. where to start? So many good ones.. I like most previously listed & my all time fave- JF Sebastion's and one from the Lost Boys

Last edited:

47717139.jpg

Really? I mean...really? It's like a Nostromo jacket if Liberace were on the ship.

In no particular order, what I thought was cool on screen... Indy's Raiders jacket. Deckard's trench. Rourke's HD jacket. Dallas's Nostromo jacket. BSG Warrior jacket.

There was only one that I absolutely had to have, though: Mad Max's MFP jacket.

In no particular order my favorites are:

John Chriton's Black leather & Wool Trenchcoat from Farscape.
Tenth Doctor who's Trenchcoat.
Mal's Firefly long coat.
Neo's Trench coat from the matrix.
The trenchcoat from Blade runner.
Han solo's ROTJ cammo Trenchcoat.
Any jedi outer long brown robe. (ok that's not a jacket, or a coat, but it has the same function, and looks awesome. :) )
Spikes leather Trench coat from Buffy/Angel.

Ok, Ok, I love trenchcoats. and some of those are from TV, but there are a few short jackets/coats I like. Like Han, and Luke's Jackets from ESB, or Han's Parka from ESB's hoth seines. Oh, and I also like the Star Trek Wrath of Konn uniform jackets, and kirks heavier version he wore on the station, and down on the planet. I would LOVE TO HAVE A REPLICA OF ANY OF THESE, and many many more.

Don't judge me. It's a chick flick with an awesome jacket. BTW, it's the one on Kevin Kline, not Meg Ryan. Wanted it for over a decade. :D

47717139.jpg

Really? I mean...really? It's like a Nostromo jacket if Liberace were on the ship.

Dude, that jacket rocks! It lights up and everything. I'd also like to toss in Ecelstone's jacket from Doctor Who -
jacket1.jpg

realthing1_sm.jpg
realthing2_sm.jpg
officers_sm.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back