x-wing drawings?

Sorry about the big bump but I had to ask. Does anyone know exactly what is taboo about these pictures? I also read on the modelermagic website that the pictures there (presumably from ILM during production) of the red five model were taken down due to the "commotion" they caused. I'm not really familiar with this, what about them is so controversial? I would have thought that the more historical reference available the better.

From memory...there were/are color corrected photos the the Red 5 filming miniature. Way back when, the pictures were shared among a tight lipped ring. Apparently the rule was not to distribute them among the masses as the source forbade it.

Well you know what they say about a secret.....

There was a member MelVerta? (banned now) who broke the code and gave them to another loose morale member who posted them up on the RPF. I, like most keen observers, hit right click in a heartbeat. By the time Mel discovered what has happened he went nuclear and made the OP take them down. But they were out there and you cant put the genie back int he bottle.

Here is one of the secret pics from that thread.....its like OMG!!!!!!! (big whoop). The big secret was the mystery, like Cuban cigars.....Once you have a few puffs your all like, meh.

Last edited:
From memory...there were/are color corrected photos the the Red 5 filming miniature. Way back when, the pictures were shared among a tight lipped ring. Apparently the rule was not to distribute them among the masses as the source forbade it.

Well you know what they say about a secret.....

There was a member MelVerta? (banned now) who broke the code and gave them to another loose morale member who posted them up on the RPF. I, like most keen observers, hit right click in a heartbeat. By the time Mel discovered what has happened he went nuclear and made the OP take them down. But they were out there and you cant put the genie back int he bottle.

Here is one of the secret pics from that thread.....its like OMG!!!!!!! (big whoop). The big secret was the mystery, like Cuban cigars.....Once you have a few puffs your all like, meh.

http://i.imgur.com/kCfH5BTl.jpg

Thanks, that's very interesting. It's bizarre to me that someone would want to hide this stuff from people.

Someone just wanted to have more accurate x-wing than others. Maybe monetarize on this in some way. People are just people, you know.:)

Someone just wanted to have more accurate x-wing than others. Maybe monetarize on this in some way. People are just people, you know.:)

Which is funny, because, if no one had access to the pictures, how does anyone know one is more accurate than another, eh? Or just for the self-satisfaction as they're admiring it in their parents' basement? That's almost pathological.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back