Prop Room

kevjh

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was thinking it would be cool if everyone who wanted to would show how they have there props displayed. Hear are some of mine. I did them in our home theater..
Kevjh

I love to showoff my collection! Any chance I get. I actually just took updated pics. I have my new room:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8B0yv1oQqQ

Dsc01155.jpg

Dsc01156.jpg

Dsc01154.jpg

Dsc01149.jpg

Dsc01150.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome props/cinema room kevjh....i really like it mate

Brad....superb update mate!!

I'll post my revamped collectio pics when I get my NT stuff through!!:)

Great guys!

Brad...always love seeing your collection. The way you display the amount of stuff you have in those display cases is GREAT!

Regards
TAZ

Yeah, Awesome Collection.

The "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" by Georges Seurat is one of my favorite paintings.

Yeah, Awesome Collection.

The "A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" by Georges Seurat is one of my favorite paintings.

Me too! My wife got this oversized print for me for our anniversay. I love it and it is also a prop (Ferris Buellers Day Off). ;)

Brad

Jedifyfe what is the issue of rolling stone you have? I figure what flick the props are from but can't place that issue of RS is it special :p

sorry if it's a daft question

Dan

Jedifyfe what is the issue of rolling stone you have? I figure what flick the props are from but can't place that issue of RS is it special :p

sorry if it's a daft question

Dan

It's the RollingStone issue from "Romancing the Stone". When Jack and Joan are hiding out in the crashed plane, Jack is reading about the "Doobie Brothers breaking up". This issue is the one he is holding. It really does have an article about the Doobie Brothers.

Not a daft question at all.

Brad

It's always nice to see how people display stuff.

Care to discuss a bit about which pieces are original/screen used? Maybe post a few close ups?

Very curious about a few of the indy bits in Kevjh's post...

best,
Tom

It's the RollingStone issue from "Romancing the Stone". When Jack and Joan are hiding out in the crashed plane, Jack is reading about the "Doobie Brothers breaking up". This issue is the one he is holding. It really does have an article about the Doobie Brothers.
Actually, after recently watching this movie, (one of my favorites), I checked out the magazine in freeze-frame and, after doing some internet research, found out that it's issue #377 (SEPT. 2, 1982) with Elvis Costello on the cover. I don't know if it actually contains any references to the Doobie Brothers breaking up or not, but it's definitely the one that Michael Douglas was using in that scene. By the way Brad, where did you get that awesome picture of Jack Colton's "dream-boat"?
View attachment 19408

Actually, after recently watching this movie, found out that it's issue #377 (SEPT. 2, 1982)

By the way Brad, where did you get that awesome picture of Jack Colton's "dream-boat"?
View attachment 19408

VERY interesting. I was told by a member here, that this was the issue. Without thinking twice about, I bought it. Hmmmmm.

As for the boat pic. I made it in photoshop. I posted it in the paper prop section. It's 99% close.

Thanks Adam C.

Brad

As for the boat pic. I made it in photoshop. I posted it in the paper prop section. It's 99% close.

Man, I can't wait to have access to that paper prop section! That will definitely be my first download. I've been trying to replicate your "Romancing the Stone" collection ever since I first saw it. I've got the emerald "El Corazon" itself, and that treasure map, but it's the little extras like the books and pictures that make the display that much more interesting. Keep up the good work Brad!:thumbsup
View attachment 19435
View attachment 19434

Last edited:
It's always nice to see how people display stuff.

Care to discuss a bit about which pieces are original/screen used? Maybe post a few close ups?

Very curious about a few of the indy bits in Kevjh's post...

best,
Tom

What props would you like to see out of the Indy stuff?
Just let me know Kevjh

Would love a closer look at any of the screen-used/original indy pieces, thanks :)

Tom
Here you go with pics

Young Indiana Jones TV
http://www.yourprops.com/view_items...+Jones+Chronicles+(TV)+(1992)&user_name=Kevjh

Raiders of the lost Ark
http://www.yourprops.com/view_items...aiders+Of+The+Lost+Ark+(1981)&user_name=Kevjh

Indy props Temple of Doom
http://www.yourprops.com/view_items...And+The+Temple+Of+Doom+(1984)&user_name=Kevjh

The Last Crusade
http://www.yourprops.com/view_items...s+And+The+Last+Crusade+(1989)&user_name=Kevjh

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE THAT WANTS TO SURE THERE PROP ROOMS :cry:cry

Neat stuff Kev! I really like the Last Crusade artwork. And the lifemask is just an oddball fun piece :)

I notice in your displays, the pieces all seem to share the same space.

Do you take any steps to ID which pieces are replica and which are original in your displays? When I had more replicas (at one point I had quite a few Indy replicas and originals come to think of it!), I used to make an effort to give the original pieces a bit more space and "air" around them and usually would ID them with a small plaque.

I could still step back and enjoy the collection as a whole but doing that added some importance to those pieces which had a bit more history.

Obviously, I'm not trying to tell you how to display anything. Just musing out loud on the subject. Would be curious to hear what other folks think about mixing replicas and originals and how they approach it.

best,
Tom

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back