Prop Room

I try always to get them on ebay for about 60-100€, thats maybe $130-150... But only for costumes with mask, and sometimes they have a face thats fits to the character...

How much do you guys get mannequins for? Check for some here in Australia and looking at $600 and above..

Hey Beechy google Tinnafashions. They are in melbourne or sydney . i get all my mannequins from there brand new. $350 shipped to perth. I have poseable ones from there also.

WOW. I don't think I am worthy of being in the same prof forums with everyone here. I have a small collection of MR stuff and have only recently created my first prop which is a restraining bolt. I think I'll hold off on posting my photos. :) Can't have everyone dying of laughter. ;)

Amazing, amazing stuff everyone. I can't begin to describe how green I am.

Thanks OneHotHemi,

It's funny, I just realized I said I have only made one prop and it was a restraining bolt. In fact I was 1 of 3 guys who built an Emperor's Throne chair for New Years. Progress photos were posted here. So yeah, I made 2 props. :) I'll shoot some photos of the display when I get my camera back from the shop.

Here is that throne chair thread.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=75948&highlight=throne+chair

It isn't in any room right now. I need to find a place for it first.

some very nice collections posted. keep em coming.

guys, don't sweat the big collections, the guys that have these collection worked hard to get the cash and resources to do those amazing displays. it just takes time, discipline and a will to do so.

my collection consist of fanmade props, i will be adding some screen used stuff soon, but nothing major except to me. i really need to get some display going, but the wife .. is not feeling it. :(

on folks with more stuff than you is explained by the worst jedi in the history of the jedi order..

"there is always a bigger fish."

qui gon jin.

on a side note.

ave4

i love the 2 batman suits "guarding" the entrance to your proproom.

some very nice collections posted. keep em coming.
guys, don't sweat the big collections, the guys that have these collection worked hard to get the cash and resources to do those amazing displays. it just takes time, discipline and a will to do so. .

I totally agree. It took me about 6 and a half years to obtain my collection..I sold off my sub collections to focus on just one. Also, I save a little from each paycheck to fund my collection (better/upclose photos and my complete collection are in a thread I posted...you can find the link in my signature)

here is part of my collection in my room

right side

IMG_3562.jpg

Entire Left side is covered by my movie prop painting
IMG_3589-1-1.jpg

door area:
IMG_3578.jpg

near door area:
IMG_1561-1.jpg

Jedifyfe (Brad), your display is nice and very tastefully done, but I was shocked that you have it right next to a big window (or a sliding outside door?) The LA sunshine will eat through your items, even if it's sun coming between the cracks of the vertical blinds. Maybe you only open those blinds once in awhile to show off your stuff, but if those blinds are open everyday it's going to cause problems quickly. The newspapers might be your "canary in the mine" so keep a watch on them, but really there's no substitute for darkness if you want to keep your pieces free from damage. The sun will slowly take its toll on your collection until it's too late to resurrect it.

I've seen a couple of sun-faded collections and it's not pretty. The person doesn't really notice it because it's so gradual, but it happens. It's happening right now to your stuff and I hate to see a good collection ruined.

Just trying to help a fellow collector!

-chris

Jedifyfe (Brad), your display is nice and very tastefully done, but I was shocked that you have it right next to a big window (or a sliding outside door?) The LA sunshine will eat through your items, even if it's sun coming between the cracks of the vertical blinds.

Just trying to help a fellow collector!

-chris

Hey Chris,
Thanks very much for the concern and I too have always been wary about the sunlight. I made sure that any items that are exposed to the sun are either replaceable or can handle the sun. These items never have direct sunlight on them but I know that even ambient light can harm props. I keep the shade drawn most of the time.

Thanks again Chris!

Brad

Hi, everyone. I've noticed a few members, whose collections I've seen over on the Propworx forum, and I thought I'd drop in and share. I don't have the advantage of a whole basement, but made one of the bedrooms of my house into a BSG Classics man-cave. I'm a Latin teacher, so I tried to blend my work with my love of this show, along with stuff from my own family history (the WW2 and before items).
DSC_0002-13.jpg
DSC_0003-7.jpg
DSC_0004-7.jpg
DSC_0007-7.jpg
DSC_0009-2.jpg
DSC_0011-2.jpg
DSC_0012-4.jpg
Cheers, Guy

NIIIIIICE! i love the feel of the room, legion. it doesn't feel like a stale museum OR a jumbled mess... it's absolutely perfect. the cylon war painting is easily my fav... too cool!

Hey Guy, what are all those thingies on the shelves?...

Oh they're books! Well get rid of those and start putting props up there! Who wants to look at books?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back